Chapter 8

"Haku, do you realize at this rate we will be driven back?" Zabuza questioned

The boy stood once more to face his opponent again.

"We can't have that," Haku stated.

Forming a hand sign, water rose again into the air. Only this time, they took the form of mirror. They surrounded Sasuke, effectively cutting them off from the rest of Team 7. Haku melted into one of the mirrors and disappeared from sight.

"Damn it!" Kakashi exclaimed.

He rushed forward to assist the Genin. Aware of the situation and just how dangerous Haku truly was. Zabuza cut him off before he got close enough to intervene.

"Your opponent is me," the man stated. "He's finished against that jutsu. If you get by me, I'll kill those three behind you."

Hundreds of needles came flying out of the mirrors, and ripped into Sasuke.

"Sasuke!" the team yelled, unable to help.

"Tazuna, Mai," Sakura spoke up. "I have to leave for a moment."

"I've got it," the Be Fong reassured.

Running forward, the girl threw a kunai through the air, aiming for the Genin. However, Haku intercepted the assist, the object falling just short. Though disappointed, Sakura didn't hesitate in moving back to Tazuna's side. Out of nowhere a shuriken smacked the boy's mask away in his distraction. The force threw him out of the mirror and to the ground.

"Naruto Uzumaki, has finally arrived!" the ninja proclaimed.

The knucklehead stood further away on the bridge. Fists on his hips and grinning widely at the prospect of a fight. Team 7 were glad to see him. Until the Genin did something idiotic... and jumped inside the mirror prison to aid Sasuke. The action did more harm than good since the jutsu effectively locked them inside without a way to escape the next onslaught of needles.

"Sakura," Mai whispered, gaining her attention. "I've got a plan. Think you can cover me too?"

The pink-haired girl understood what her comrade wanted to try. "Alright, but make it quick. Sasuke and Naruto may not last long."

Mai nodded. Still holding the kunai, she sat cross-legged on the ground and formed a hand sign. Zabuza cocked an eyebrow at the action. It was the same pose as before in their first fight. When he became restrained to the tree.

"What the hell is she doing?" the Missing Ninja growled. "The brat did that the last time too..."

Good idea, Mai, Kakashi thought.

"Don't even think about it," the Jounin glared. Knowing Zabuza's intentions to try and target the Genin. "Go after her, and you'll have to go through me."

"Feh, as if she's worth my time."

Though in a temporary blocked out state, Mai could hear everything around her. The information about the bloodline trait Haku was using, his background, even when Kakashi could no longer sit on the sidelines, the girl listened to it all.

The Chakra Strings started to cross back and forth over each other. A collection effectively covered the area around Tazuna, Sakura, and herself. To be sure the rouge didn't slip through their defenses this time. Their opponents didn't suspect a thing.

The mist had grown thicker. Which made the now exposed Sharingan harder to locate Zabuza. The Missing Ninja appeared behind the three of them. Teady to kill Tazuna with one blow. Then take out the Genins too. Until Kakashi stepped into his path. Sakura cried out in alarm as the blade came down. Mai's eyes snapped open, pulling her arms to her sides. The strings held tension, throwing the caught off guard Zabuza backwards a few feet. The broadsword barely grazed Kakashi, a bit of blood coming to the surface.