This Feeling

"You just going to stare at the door or do you plan to go in?" his friend ask from behind him as he put a hand on his shoulder. The man was tall, at least a few inches taller than Sasuke, with his hair dyed a vibrant shade of pink. He was dressed in an over the top outfit, even for a stereotypical gay man. He didn't care about the looks get got from his tight leather pants and pink crop top, which tied in the front, that Sasuke was pretty sure he got in the women's department. He stood out wherever he went, claiming he was just ahead of his time. Sasuke had to admit that the other man was handsome, with a strong jaw line and green eyes, though many ignored his face and instead criticized his hair and clothing with derogatory words. Meanwhile, Sasuke stood next to him in a typical man's fashion, wearing straight leg jeans and a white t-shirt with an open plaid shirt over the top. He didn't want to stand out, though he inevitably just by association with his friend.

The two men were standing in front of a bar that, while it was not technically a gay bar, it was where the LGBT community frequented. It was 1993 and the term seemed to be used frequently despite a portion of the gay and lesbian community not being as accepting of the bisexuals and transgender communities. The term gay was fading out, becoming more of an insult rather than just a term used to describe men that liked other men. "I don't know," Sasuke responded nervously. It was his first time going to what was considered a gay bar.

"It's fun, I promise," the man smiled, excited that he had finally gotten his friend to agree to go with him to the bar. "You need some stress relief, maybe you can find a hot man that'll help you with that," he winked.

"You know how much it hurts when I do," Sasuke responded as he rubbed his forearm where the soulmate mark was imprinted on his skin. He had grown up in an extremely conservative family, making it difficult to express his sexuality. Sasuke knew that if he came out to his family then they'd likely disown him, they already didn't like the fact that he was friends with an openly gay man and worried it would turn him gay, as if it were some sort of disease that someone caught by being around a gay man. It didn't matter if his soulmate was a man, in his parents eyes he'd just need to suck it up and suffer without him.

The other man sighed, "He does it enough, you might as well get some payback." He automatically didn't like Sasuke's soulmate with how much he had seen him get hurt because of the other man.

Sasuke frowned, "Isn't that kind of justice for how my past life acted? I mean, I was horrible to him. I know he has his reasons so I just need to show him I'm worthy of his love this time." He always seemed to blame himself for what his past life had done. Their bond wasn't nearly as strong in that life, but it still hurt his soulmate to know he was out there trying to forget him. That version of him wouldn't accept that his soulmate was a man and said a lot of hateful things. "I hurt him a lot and refused his advances no matter how hard he tried. I didn't care that he was hurting when I was with other people and called him a lot of things I'd rather not like to repeat," he said sadly. "Really, he probably deserves someone better," Sasuke felt like he deserved the pain he was receiving in this life. He didn't really know his own self worth and felt like he needed to be there for his soulmate no matter what he did.

"That's crazy, you're amazing," his friend argued. "Your past lives were from the were born in the 1800s and died in the 60s, it's kind of expected that there would be homophobia, your man should've expected it," he argued. It was rare, but it wasn't unheard of that people would be born in their next life as a different gender, but his dreams had made it clear that they were both men in their past lives. "Now, let's go in and have fun. Even if you don't end up with some guy, you can still have some drinks," he argued. "We can at least enjoy the eye candy. Everyone says the guys that play tonight are hot."