- his roommate -

[ lunch ]

I stayed back in the classroom for ten minutes cutting into lunch to help the teacher with something.

I Peak my head into the busy cafeteria where I don't see Sunwoo or Jacob. I spot them outside on the bleachers with a huge group of friends eating lunch.

I suddenly have a rock feeling in my stomach, I can't just go out there and socialize normally! I don't have practice with making friends- especially not with popular people.

I sigh, im sometimes upset at myself that I didn't make friends earlier so that maybe I wouldn't lack so much confidence. But anyway what can I do now about it.

I turn around, ditching sunwoo's offer to sit with them and instead I turn back to the hallway. Heading to where I usually eat lunch, the courtyard.

I turn around a corner, and as if deja vu I smack my forehead into a firm chest.

"Oh sorr- oh. It's you." Sunwoo stops himself from almost being nice to me.

"Hm," I try to step past him.

"Wait, you're supposed to eat lunch with us. Remember? The deal?" He asks.

"I remember I just-"

Sunwoo catches sight of people behind me walking towards us, he widens his eyes and grabs my wrist, pulling me into the nearest door.

It's a small storage closet where they keep the school decorations.

"What the hell?? You don't just pull a girl into a small closet you know," I jerk my wrist out of his hand and in the process bang my elbow on the shelf behind me.

"Hahahahha" Sunwoo laughs at my pain.

"Why are we here? So you can be your 'true' self? Tired of faking your niceness everyday?" I glare at him.

"Well yes, of course it's hard. But also those were my senior soccer friends behind you. I didn't wanna be seen with the likes of you," Sunwoo says. "No offense."

"Geez you're such an jerk," I put my hand on the doorknob to leave the tiny closet.

Sunwoo rests his hand on the door from behind me. With my back faced to him he leans close to my ear and says, "but I told Jacob you'd sit with us already."

To this I have no response. My self conflict with my lack of socialization skills but also wanting to see Jacob. Also I come fully aware of Sunwoo standing two inches behind me in a compact closet.

"It's so funny." Sunwoo laughs, an evil laugh that makes me wanna punch him.

"What?" I ask with bitterness.

"You're ears are red- even though you hate me so much." Sunwoo says and I can hear the grin in his voice.

"I'm flustered thinking of Jacob not because of you!" I shout, really wishing I could punch him right now.

Before he can respond the closet door swings open. A guy and a girl stand in front of the open door wearing confused expressions.

"We're so sorry, we were looking for something and the door closed us inside," Sunwoo bows to them. How the hell does he change expressions so quickly??

"It's fine, we just came to look for the first soccer practice decorations," the girl says.

"Well if it isn't the two top students," the guy adds.

"Yep! That's us!" Sunwoo grins, and I kick my foot back into his shin.

"What an interesting meeting place," he says with a smug look, snapping a photo.