eight;

third perspective;

"fifty years ago, in our darkest moment"

Abuela said, she was holding a candle with both her hands. The room was quiet that you can hear a pin drop, Everyone was genuinely listening to Abuela.

"this candle blessed us with a miracle and the greatest honor of our family has been to use our blessings to serve this beloved community"

Abuela smiled and held out one of her hands to mention everyone in the room.  Julietta held (Y/N)'s left hand as the girl nodded their head to Abuela as to show that they are listening and to agree with her.

"tonight, we come together once more as another steps into the light to make us proud"

The drums rolled before the red curtains open to reveal Antonio, he was shyly holding his hands together and looked looked around nervously, everyone cheered to see Antonio and Casita waved their tiles to make the grand reveal as the lights pointed to the boy.

Everyone waited for the boy but he seemed to be too nervous to walk. (Y/N) furrowed their eyebrows in confusion and stared at the nervous boy.

Camilo and (Y/N) looked at each other but by the look on their faces, they seem to be asking the same question as the other.

They broke the small eye contact and averted their gaze to Casita who used their tiles to push Antonio's feet forward but Antonio's feet seemed to be glued on tight to where he was standing. Antonio looked to his right and held out a hand before muttering something.

(Y/N) was surprised to see Mirabel walking towards Antonio and holding his hand but nonetheless smiled as the two walked towards the stairs together.

(Y/N) felt a warm presence on their right hand, it was another hand which belongs to the one and only shapeshifter.

(Y/N) ignored this but Camilo placed his head above (Y/N)'s shoulder and whispered to their ear making (Y/N)'s eyes shift towards the flirtatious boy.

"their holding hands, should we too?"

Camilo whispered before removing his head from (Y/N)'s shoulder to looked at them, (Y/N) rolled their eyes at Camilo's tactics and looked at Camilo in the eyes before slowly moving their gaze towards their left hand that was holding Julietta's as if to say 'I'm already holding someone's hand.'

"huh"

Camilo lets out a breath and looked at (Y/N)'s left hand with a 'touché' look before the two quickly shifted their attention back to Antonio and the others.

Here's an obvious thing: Camilo didn't let go of (Y/N)'s hand.

As Antonio touched the handle of his door, everyone gasped as his door glew bright.

Antonio gasped as a toucan flew towards him and placed itself on his arm, Tia Julietta gasped and placed her hands on her mouth as Tio Agustin placed his hands on his wife's shoulder.

(Y/N) smiled and placed their left hand on their chest and waited for Antonio's door to light up and give him his signature door mark.

"uh-huh, uh-huh, I understand you!"

Antonio said, talking to the toucan who flapped its wings and moved towards Antonio's other arm.

"of course they can come!"

Antonio replied, the toucan made a sound before everyone went silent waiting for something to come.

Everyone looked at the sky to see other types of birds and toucans flying towards Antonio, (Y/N)'s laughed as a racoon ran underneath them making them stumble towards Camilo who also lightly laughed as another racoon ran underneath him making stumbled towards (Y/N) too.

Different types of birds and other animals stood in front of Antonio, The door gleamed and a mark appeared!

It had Antonio's name on it and himself in the middle with animals surrounding him, it was beautiful.

"we have a new gift!"

Abuela announced making everyone cheer for the new gifted madrigal, Camilo raised his and (Y/N)'s hands before the two cheered loudly—mostly Camilo since (Y/N) saw Dolores covering her ears and decided to go a little more quiet as the fireworks set off but for Dolores, she smiled brightly at her little brother.