ten;

third perspective;

"THE HOUSE IS IN DANGER!"

The loud music stopped. (Y/N) and Mirabel panted as they ran through the crowds to reach Abuela.

"the house is in danger!"

Everyone gasped after hearing Mirabel's news, everyone stopped dancing and stared at the two exhausted girls.

"the tiles were falling and there were cracks everywhere and the candle almost went out"

Mirabel explained, (Y/N) pursed their lips and took a deep breath in.

(Y/N) knew how hard Abuela was on Mirabel and this sudden news can go through Abuela's head as a trick revenge on Mirabel's unsuccessful gift ceremony.

"show me"

Abuela ordered, looking around before walking towards Mirabel who walked out of the room. Strangely, Casita was looking just fine, no cracks whatsoever, The doors and the candle was glowing ever so brightly as if nothing happened.

"the cracks were there!"

Mirabel pointed at the candle, she walked down the stairs with Abuela and (Y/N) following her. The two teenagers frantically looked around the room to find any proof for the cracks.

(Y/N) furrowed their eyebrows and looked around, was someone playing tricks with them? they were so sure that the cracks were all around Casita.

"they were everywhere"

Mirabel said and looked at Abuela, (Y/N) felt so confused. They walked in front of Abuela to confess what they also saw.

"Abuela, we both saw it! the house was in trouble and the candle was—..."

(Y/N) looked around and saw Antonio with a sad face and suddenly felt ashamed for 'ruining' Antonio's ceremony, Abuela gave both the girls a stern look but mostly at Mirabel.

"Abuela, we promise—"

Abuela stopped Mirabel by putting a hand in front of her.

"that's enough"

Abuela turned around and smiled, (Y/N) looked around and saw Camilo's face with a confused look.

It made (Y/N)'s heart break, did he not believe them?

"There is nothing wrong in the Casa Madrigal!"

Abuela smiled, speading her arms to show that she was not worried at all.

"The magic is strong and so are the drinks"

Alma joked making a few people laugh, Abuela mentioned to continue the music and people continued to dance as if nothing happened.

(Y/N) looked down and placed a hand on Mirabel's shoulder to comfort her.

"come on, let's heal that wound"

(Y/N) whispered to Mirabel who sadly nodded. They were about walked away when Camilo and Julietta walk towards the two and accompanied them.

"If it was all in our head then how did it cut my hand?"

Mirabel complained to her mother while Camilo and (Y/N) walked outside to let Mirabel vent to her mother.

"you okay, mi hermosa?"

Camilo asked, clearly worried about (Y/N). The girl nodded before both teens walked out of the house and sat down on grass next to the donkeys to stargaze and calm down from earlier's event.

"now this is what you call stargazing!"

Camilo cheerfully laid down on the grass while (Y/N) sat down and hugged their knees close to their chest with a blank look as if they'd break down any moment.

Camilo waited for a response that never came, he glanced over at (Y/N) who was looking down at the ground. Camilo knows (Y/N) too well, this look wasn't normal for an (word to descibe yourself) girl.

"(Y/N), what's bothering you?"

Camilo sat up and scooted closer to the girl, (Y/N) frowned and tears from their eyes were begging to fall but they held it back.

"I-I ruined Antonio's gift ceremony, I wanted this day to be perfect and that nothing should go unplanned...I guess I ruined it myself"

(Y/N) cried, tears ran down their cheeks as they hugged their knees close to their chest. Camilo frowned and hugged the crying girl, it broke his heart to see his friend cry because they thought they ruined something.

"mi hermosa...you didn't ruin anything, okay? You and Mirabel didn't ruin Antonio's ceremony!"

Camilo frowned, (Y/N) turned their head and rested her head on Camilo's chest as they cry for a few minutes but as soon as they calmed down, Camilo pulled (Y/N)'s legs ontop of his so that he was cradling the sleepy girl.

This seemed like something (Y/N) remembered a long time ago with Camilo comforting them and them crying in his arms.

(Y/N) chuckled, it broke the comfortable silence making Camilo raise an eyebrow at them. Camilo was confused on why (Y/N) was suddenly chuckling but nonetheless happy that she wasn't sad anymore.

"why are you chuckling, mi hermosa?"

Camilo asked, looking down at (Y/N) face. (Y/N) didn't answer and just continued laughing making Camilo giggle at (Y/N)'s antics.