2

Scooter had called Rick over to my house, who of course brought Mindy. He claimed that he just wanted Rick's company but I think the only reason he brought over Rick was because he knew that I wasn't going to help him with any of the party planning.

He was the one who wanted the party, not me. He had to figure it out.

Currently Mindy and I were sitting in my room, luckily Rick's jealousy didn't apply to girls.

Maybe it should.

Mindy was picking at her face in my mirror, "God, I haven't been to a decent party for awhile. Rick's parties are always just full of sweaty teenagers, it feels like I can't breathe in there."

I laugh at her as I set my magazine down, "Well, I kind of like those parties. Feels like a whole different world when I'm there."

Mindy scoffs at me as she starts to go through the perfumes and lotions I had, sniffing the ones that caught her eye, "They get boring after awhile."

I roll my eyes at her. To be honest, I was definitely known as the party girl within my school. When your father's the Dean, you do everything you can to break free from the 'good girl/teacher's pet' stereotype, "I like them, but I hate throwing them. I told Scooter that this couldn't be a big party or I'd make him clean the whole thing up."

Mindy laughed as she sprayed one of my perfumes, "Does Scooter ever listen to you?"

"Please, the poor boy's wrapped around my finger. And, hey, don't waste that perfume. It's my favorite."

Mindy practically skips over to my bed and sits down next to me, "So...anyone you're thinking about tonight?" She shoots her eyebrows up quickly in a teasing manner.

"Oh, fuck off."

Mindy scoots back so she's leaning against my headboard, "What? It's been like two months since you and Remy broke up. I think you could go and fuck someone, anyone. It's not like everyone's dying to sleep with you." Mindy says sarcastically.

"Can we not talk about Remy? I don't really wanna hear about my ex."

Mindy puts her arm around my shoulders and pulls me into her, my head rests on her shoulder, "I think you need to talk about her. It isn't healthy for you to keep everything in."

"She cheated on me. That's that." I pull away from Mindy and stand up, walking to look at myself in my mirror, "On the subject of sleeping with people. Who was the boy?"

Mindy's eyes widen and she starts to check out her nails, "I don't know what you're talking about."

I turn around to look at her and place a manicured hand on my hip, "What am I gonna do? Go on a jealous tangent about him. I'm your best friend, am I not? Please, I've been dying to hear about it since Scooter told me."

"You are so awful. I hate you, Jessie."

I smile cheekily at her, "You love me. Besides, I know you're dying to talk about it. There's no one better to talk about it than with me."

Mindy rolls her eyes and then smiles, "Ok, ok. Don't tell Rick any of this," I hold my pinky up and move to sit down on the bed, "Literally it was so great. Like, we started talking right after me and Rick ended things and he was so sweet to me. He was totally fine with me talking to other guys, which was so nice, and then one day he called me and we were doing whatever and then he kissed me and I was like 'Ok, lets just see where this goes.' you know?"

"Ok, just cut to the chase, Mindy. Was he any good?" Mindy pushes her lips together, smiling, as she slowly nods her head. I squeal, "Tell me everything!"