4

If there is one thing you should know about Scooter, it's this: he never, and I seriously mean never, forgets anything.

It's why he's so good at school, because when it comes to memorization, he wins the whole fucking game. It also means he's incredibly smart, even if he sometimes acts like he doesn't have one though behind his eyes. 

It also makes it incredibly difficult to lie to him. 

Or avoid conversations that you'd rather not have. 

Like right now, "Just tell me." 

"Scooter, I swear to god, if you ask me one more time about this I'm going to shove this spoon so far up your ass that it comes out of your fucking mouth." I put my plastic spoon in my mouth, eating the frozen yogurt that had been on it. 

"Do I know him? Or her? Jess, I swear to god if you and Remy hooked up I'm going to shove my spoon up your ass." 

I choke on my frozen yogurt, "I will not stoop as low as Remy." 

"You better not." 

"I literally just said I wouldn't, god don't you ever listen to me?" 

Scooter shakes his head, "Not really." 

"Figures." 

"Please." Scooter begs. I look over at him to see him make that stupid puppy dog face that makes him look really innocent and sweet. 

I scrunch my nose at him and frown, "Anyone ever tell you that you're a manipulative person?" 

Scooter smiles as he takes a spoonful of his frozen yogurt, "Only you, my dear Jessica." 

"People should tell you more." 

"Stop trying to change the subject." 

I stick my tongue out at him and stand up, leaving him to go and throw away my frozen yogurt. I look over to see the guy working staring at me. He smiles at me and his cheeks start to take on a red tint, I smile back and then go back to Scooter and sit back down. 

Scooter looks deep in thought when I come back to him, "Constipated?" I ask him. 

"You think you're so funny, don't you?" 

I smile cheekily at him, "Oh, I think I'm adorable." 

Scooter rolls his eyes and leaves me to go and throw away his cup of frozen yogurt. I stand up and grab my keys off the table. I make my way to the door and open it so Scooter can follow behind me, "Keys." Scooter holds his hands up, asking for me to throw them to him. 

"No, I'm driving." 

"But you drove here." He whines.

"And?" 

Scooter huffs as I unlock the car and we both get in. 

The whole car ride is just filled with Scooter pestering me for question about the mystery guy from the party. 

Owen isn't much of a mystery to me, I got to know him very well. Hm, I should get reacquainted with him soon. I have yet to call him, but fuck it, it's only been a day since the party. 

I end up driving to Scooter's house. He unbuckles his seatbelt, "You coming in?" He asks me as he moves to open his door. 

"Are you going to pester me with more questions?" 

Scooter shrugs, "Probably." 

I roll my eyes and turn off the car, "Yeah, I guess so."