Chapter One

”Out of everything in this world, why on earth did soulmates have to be cursed with this hair changing bullshit?!” I vented out to the camera before me, it’s flashing red lights showing me that I was live streaming and recording. “Why couldn’t we get the cool shit in the fanfics like being able to write on our arms and it show up on the other’s skin. Or what about having an actual string connects us. But nooo, I have to be stuck with this damn push and pull guessing game of what’s my next hair color gonna be?! Like seriously, what kinda fucked up shit is this?!”

I was live streaming, it was like my own little blog. It served as my outlet at first but then as my fan base grew, it became a family I never knew I wanted to have. I loved seeing the comments, I loved the connections it brought me and the fans. It was everything to me. But to think that this connection that started off as my outlet grew into something popular that a lot of people watch, I've even seen people out on the streets watching my old videos.

Without second guessing what was coming out of my mouth, I continued on. “So, get this guys…I went to bed last night with blonde hair, my natural color mind you. Like hallelujah, for once it was the color it wanted! But I guess I couldn't be happy for long because next thing I knew I was waking up to this!”

I flipped off my beanie, hair cascading past my shoulders and down my back as it showed off the newly dyed hair. It was a vibrant pink on my right side and a beautiful aqua on my left. Sure I loved the colors, and hot damn did I rock the look but that wasn’t the point. The point was I hated seeing the constant change, or the constant trouble it caused me.

“When I finally meet this soulmate of mine…” I laughed bitterly, shaking my head as I placed the beanie back on my head. “They’ll end up getting an ear full.”

I leaned in to look over my comments, all of them telling me that someone was behind me. It was a typical troll comment I saw a lot but seeing my whole comment section filled with this comment was getting a bit ridiculous. 

“What do you guys mean there’s someone behind me?” I groaned, throwing my head back a bit before turning to look behind me and that’s when I screamed. I came face to face with my best friend, Alexa. “What the hell? Are you trying to give me a damn heart attack?!” 

She smirked at me. “You owe the swear jar three fifty.”

“Fuck.” I growled without thinking.

“Four bucks now.” She laughed softly, making me throw my head back.

I had promised myself and Alexa that I’d calm down with how much I cuss. So with her help we created a swear jar that I dropped fifty cents into each time I cussed.

“I hate you.” I glared up at her.

“Love you, too, bestie.”

“Why’d I ask for you to help me with my cussing again?” I shot her a mischievous grin and she just reached up to gently flick my forehead.

“Because you wanted to stop cussing because I'm a good influence.”

Another glare was shot her way as I groaned. “That was a rhetorical questions smartas- I mean Lexa.”

“I know.” She laughed at my struggle to catch myself before finally leaning over my chair and waving to the camera. 

That’s right, I was streaming!

“Hi guys, hope you’re all doing well.” She grinned at the camera. “And you guys should help me keep track. Get her in more trouble.”

I pushed her face away. “Go away, I'm livestreaming!”

Alexa shoved her phone into my view showing my livestream on its screen. “How do you think I knew how much you owed the jar?”

I rolled my eyes before turning back to my viewers, though my voice carried over to her. “You staying for a while?”

“Yeah, movie night is tonight.” She told me, the smugness evident in her tone of voice. “And I’m here to remind you since you tend to forget a lot.”

“Oops.” I said with a cheeky smile before returning my attention back to the ranging comments. “No, I’m not ending the stream yet. You’ve got me for another half hour tops. Forty five minutes if someone can convince Alexa.”

The comments then turned to address Alexa making me laugh.