Chapter Ten

“Like hell I’m gonna let you kiss me right now!” I growled glaring up at him. “I’m mad at you, plus even though you’re my soulmate we didn’t meet.”

He grinned at me. “Then stop being so pissy.”

“Why?” I challenged.

“Cause all I wanna do is kiss you right now.” He told me, eyes lingering on my lips.

I goaned, throwing my head back just as Alexa piped in.

“You owe about $2.50 to the swear jar.” I could hear the smile in her voice and I just pointed at my soulmate pouting. 

“He owes some too!”

With a smirk, Knox looked too Alexa. “Thanks for calming her down.”

I shot my soulmate a glare, fingers curling in Deuce’s fur before I stuck out my hand toward Knox. “Hi, I’m Lacey, your soulmate.”

He tried holding back his smile as he reached out to shake my hand but suddenly yanked me close to himself, my bodies mere inches apart. Knox’s soft voice making my heart beat against my chest. “I’m Knox, the love of your life.”

“Why are you so cocky?” I mumbled up to him. “Any video I’ve seen about you has you shown as a sweet nice guy.”

“What can I say I have to tease my soulmate somehow.” He grinned making me blush.

“S…shut up…” I stumbled looking away from him and when I peeked back at him I blushed a deeper shade. Afraid that he’d try to capture my lips against his own, I stepped away from him to retreat back to the others. Though my live ended minutes after when the group started yelling and screaming to much.

“You mother fucking squirrel! I’m going to kill you!” Ryan yelled at the black haired man before him.

“I didn’t do it, I swear!” Zack yelled back. “It was all Nathan!”

“I didn’t do anything, don’t go pointing the blame on me!” Nathan yelled back and that’s where th arguments insued, Knox sitting back rubbing his face with a groan.

“I take it it’s always like this?” I asked the man, my body moving to sit down next to him. Deuce placed his head upon my lap as I looked to meet Knox’s eyes.

“You have no idea, baby girl.” He chuckled making me blush under the use of the nickname.

“Shut up.” I mumbled.

He grinned wide, eyes going back to my lips then back up to my eyes. “Sorry no can do-” 

“I swear to god if you call me baby girl one more time, I’m so not talking to you again.” I warned.

“That’s the best punishment you got for me?” He chuckled again.

“Knox!” I gasped. “Control your tongue!”

“Why don’t you control it for me.” He’s voice had dropped to a sexiness that made my toes curl but I pushed Deuce’s head away before tackling my soulmate. Without thinking I had managed to push him onto his back, my legs on either side of him. His hands had reached up to grab my thighs, his eyes trained up on me even as I covered his mouth with my hand.

The whole room went silent and Alexa was the only one to speak. “Um…”

I spun slightly, my hand remaining over Knox’s mouth while the other pointed at my best friend. And as I let the words tumble from my lips, I shot him a glare. “I don’t wanna hear it. He started it, perverted ass.”

Knox licked my hand making me yank it back, the whole room erupting into laughter.