Chapter Six

Eskape as a whole sat around the room, some of them getting their hair done by Alexa or her part time apprentice, Missy. The other half of the group was working on whatever they needed for their next comeback. It wasn’t until Knox heard Alexa venting mostly to herself that he became a bit worried.

“What the hell am I going to do? I can’t just keep doing their hair over and over again…should I tell her what I know? Should I tell him?” She was mumbling under her breath not realizing she was speaking loud enough for the leader to hear.

“Alexa?” He called out to her softly, making her jump. In fact it almost looked like she was about ready to scream as she faced him, had he scared her that much? “Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you. Is everything alright?”

“Oh…um yeah…”

“I heard something about hair…” He started slow. “Are we causing you any trouble?”

Alexa gave a nervous laugh shaking her head. “No, it has nothing to do with the group…well I mean it kinda may be but only one of the members.” She took a deep breath before finally speaking again. “You see, my best friend has been complaining about how her soulmate keeps changing their hair color and so her best course of action is re-dying her hair. But then i’ve noticed how a member from the group has had me doing his hair around the same time she does her own. And that’s the thing every time she changes her hair color it’s the same as his and when i do his hair to fix it, her’s turns out the same. It’s only been a suspicion though.”

Knox stood there shocked for a moment letting what all Alexa said register though his head. “Which member do you think it may be then?”

Alexa didn’t speak at first, she just looked down suddenly before pointing at the man before her, Knox even more shocked at the revelation. 

“Me?” He whispered.

She just nodded, looking up at him shyly. “Yeah, I’ve been piecing it together now for the last few months of me working here with you guys. And to be honest, it’s been weeks now that this little mini hair dying battle has been going on. Her hair always matches yours and yours always matches hers. No matter what color you both have me dye it, it’s always a match.”

He didn’t speak at first, he just stood there listening to…no, hanging on to Alexa’s every word. Has his hairdresser really found his soulmate? Was it really that easy for him to find the women of his dreams? This seemed all too real to him, and if he was being honest with himself he was a bit terrified. He wanted what Alexa was saying to be true and he wasn't sure how he’d react if his suspicion was wrong, he was already so entranced with the idea that his soulmate had been found.

“Knox?” Alexa called out to him in a soft whisper. “Knox, are you okay?”

He blinked a few times before answering. “Um…yeah…what’s her name?”

Alexa smiled softly. “Lacey”

Another round of silence fell, Knox’s inner monolog being nothing but how beautiful that name sounded to his ears.

“She doesn’t know my suspicions yet…” Alexa also added.

He was about to say something when the youngest of the group ran up to them with a wide smile, and voice going a mile a minute. “Alexa, can you tell Lacey that I liked her video she posted last night?”

Alexa nodded with a soft smile. “Of course, she’ll love to hear what you have to say, the first time I told her about one of your comments she was so happy.”

Jules grinned. “Thanks.”

“Wait, video?” Knox questioned.

“Yeah, she’s a livestreamer and sometimes she posts videos to youtube but that’s less than her streams.”

He took a moment to think, she had to be the one that the others had been watching. And if that were the case then did that mean the conversation he had with Zack about her possibly being his soulmate could have been right? “From what I've seen the others watching…she’s beautiful.”

“I can always try setting something up so that the two of you could meet.” She smiled at him.

“That would be nice.”