Chapter Five

“Hey guys, it’s your favorite streamer here.” I grinned at the camera waving before I continued speaking. “So, I came into this video with nothing planned and with that said I think I’m just gonna wing it.” I thought it over for a minute before coming up with an idea. “Maybe I should take you guys on a mini tour of my life.”

I stood from my desk fiddling with my camera set before bringing it with me. Satisfied and making sure it was pointing to what was around me, I walked out of my bedroom talking more.

“I live alone as some of you know but what you don’t know is that it’s a pretty shitty neighborhood. Shit, I owe the swear jar again. I’ll explain about that later so back to the shitty location and being a single woman in my one bedroom apartment.” I laughed softly, shaking my head at myself. I was walking out of my bedroom down the small hallway that led into my living room. “It led me to wanting a guard dog…”

The camera panned around the small apartment, over the back of the couch to look down at my ‘guard’ dog. He was a year old doberman who was pretzelled into all different angles while he lay on his back.

“The problem is…he’s not much of a guard dog.” I moved to round the couch to get a close up on him and get a chance to love on him but the next thing I knew was that I was stubbing my toe crying out. “Fuck!”

I hopped around, reaching for my wounded toe which caused me to come tumbling down a few inches shy of the coffee table. I laid there a moment groaning to myself before looking to see where I flung my camera and surprisingly it was still in my hand unharmed. 

“Well that happened.” With a grin, I faced the camera to myself showing that I was okay before having it face my dog once more. Through all that trouble he hadn’t made a single move. “He didn’t even flinch…great guard dog I have, huh? He’d probably even hide if someone broke in or tried kidnapping me.”

I shook my head moving over to poke one of his paws that hung in the air, his head snapping up to look at me. “Glad your comfy Deuce.”

He grunted at you in response, looking away.

“See, he’s crappy at being a guard dog and he’s in a bad mood.” I joked and with a fake cry I whined out. “Does he even love me?”

I heard another grunt making me laugh way too hard for my liking, I even let out a little snort that felt way too unattractive as I ruffled his fur. “He’s a good boy though, he more or less took over a different role in my life that I thought he would.”

My eyes landed on the service dog vest of his, I never wanted him for that reason…not at first. The thought of a service dog made things real and I was happy with the original thing that helped me. Though he was a crappy guard dog, he was amazing at alerting me.

I shook my head. I needed to get off the topic before leaving the living room to walk around the apartment. I couldn’t avoid showing the vest with how small the room was, hell someone probably could have already seen it. It didn’t matter, the people closest to me knew and that’s all that needed to know. I showed them my little kitchen, and told them how it was one of my favorite places to be since I was a child. I told them how when I was younger, my grandmother and I would experiment with different foods to see what we both liked or just to try something different. I also gave my viewers a quick show of my cactus themed bathroom, laughing at myself when I showed them my cactus shaped toothbrush holder. Soon I was back in my room showing that off.

“My place is pretty small in comparison to other apartments I’ve seen. I don’t even have a separate room for all my streaming equipment, it just sits in the corner of my room with my desk and other stuff. Now I will have to call my job down at the cafe and see if I can film there for a bit while I work or something so your guys can see what it’s like working in a cafe. My boss is pretty cool so she might let me, hell it might get the place more customers. We’ve been hitting our slow period and I've been sent home a few times just this week alone because we’re too dead.”