3

"Heeeeyyyy"

"I'm home!" I call into my home as I shut and lock the door behind me. I didn't get a response back so I assumed my mom and brother were sleeping. I walked into my brother's room to check on him, but instead found him up reading. "Hey whatcha doin up?" I asked.

"Oh I wanted to make sure you got home. Mom's asleep though," Kai tells me.

"Ah well I thank you for the concern but I am home now. You may now get your beauty sleep," I tease.

"Hey, Delilah?"

"Yeah?" Kai doesn't really respond so I sit on the edge of his bed. "What's wrong?" I ask.

"You're not playing Panic right?"

My eyes widen a bit as I see the serious look on his face. I didn't want to play Panic. I don't think anyone besides Ray Hall truly did. Everyone had a reason. For Natalie it was to pursue her dreams of being an actress. For me it was to pay for my college. What was I supposed to say to him though? I didn't want him worrying, but I didn't want to lie.

"Delilah two people died last year," he says sternly awaiting my answer.

"Listen Kai..." I take a deep breathe then look him straight in the eyes. "I need the money. You know mom and I don't make enough for my college and our living. This might be the only way." He looks at me a bit disappointed but I know he understands. A few seconds go by and he nods his head.

"I know. I just don't wanna lose you."

"And you won't. You know I'm a master at everything. This whole thing will be a piece of cake." I joke around trying to put him at ease.

"Let's just hope none of the challenges will rely too heavily on your social skills."

"Wow okay. I'm hurt, but I will let that go considering it came from a place of love." I give him a hug and we say our goodnights. I head into the bathroom and get ready for bed.

"Hey can you pass me that pen?" Natalie asks. I work with Natalie in the Pharmacy every Tuesday and Thursday morning. Which means we basically sit around and talk every Tuesday and Thursday morning. Today Heather and Bishop walk in together and Nat and I smirk at each other. We know Heather and Bishop secretly like each other but won't admit it or do anything about it.

"Heeeeyyyy," Bishop sang as he slid towards the counter.

"Two minutes," I let them know and they walk around knowing that's when Natalie and I will have our break. We wrap up and find them and we walk out together.

"He fired you?" Natalie asks indignantly.

"But you're the only one-" I start

"-who ever actually does anything!" Heather and Bishop join me in saying.

"I'm sorry, Heather," Nat says as she grabs Heather's hand for comfort. "You want me to poison him? I refill his prescriptions."

"That's kinda dark." She laughs in response.

"Well when I win Panic we won't have to worry about jobs," Nat says confidently.

"Well what if I win?" I ask mocking her tone.

"Then I'll be happy knowing we still won't have to worry because you'd take care of us the same way," she shot back cheerily.

I rolled my eyes with a smile at her response. Because it was true. I would look out for my friends. We would all do the same. It's what we've always done and will always do.

"Alright. So let's recap." Heather began. "You are moving to Hollywood," She points at Natalie. "and you two are going to college," she points at me and Bishop. "and I am just gonna live here forever," she nods.

"Are you saying you're gonna miss us? Is that what this is?" I tease.

"What i'm saying is that you three losers are abandoning me." She says half joking and half disappointed.

"Ah shoot I gotta get back to work" Nat says.

"Oh yeah and I gotta be home soon" Bishop adds.

"Yeah I should probably get to looking for a new job" Heather sighs. We all part ways and since I was off of work and it was some time in the afternoon, I decided to check out that restaurant across and down the street from the pharmacy.