Chapter 5: Kingston

West is an insane choreographer. I have never seen anyone dance like that in my entire life. But I'm not nervous. I know I'm a good dancer I just can't wait to prove it to everyone. He finishes his dance, and we all start clapping. He takes a lot of exaggerated bows, and thanks us all for our "kind words."

Finally, he straightens up and says "So, what do you think of your choreography?" A couple of people start clapping but I'm in shock. I am never going to be able to learn that dance. I think West sees how nervous most of us look, because he takes us through the dance slowly, move by move, about twenty times. Then Emily tells us we have an hour to practice the dance.

I still have no idea how to do it. I move off to my own space in the studio, and try to remember the start. But I can't. I look around at everyone else and they all seem to know what they're doing.

"So, what do you think of the choreography?" I can tell West wants praise. He deserves it, too. "It's amazing. I'm just struggling to pick it up a bit."

West smiles at me. "Oh that's fine. I've seen you dance online, I know you'll get it, easy. Why don't you show me what you've got so far?"

I don't want to disappoint West. So I just stand there. Mainly because I can't even remember the starting pose. West stares at me, I think in disbelief. Then he shakes himself out, like a dog.

"Okay. So I'll teach it to you again." "Are you allowed to do that?" I ask. "Sure. Plus, I was only just bragging to Emily about how many dancers I scouted would make the team but you're the only one here so I kind of need you to make it lol." Did he just - say lol? I don't have time to judge. West is my only chance of making A troupe. "Cool" I say. "Okay." He starts. "So first you push out with your hands..."