Chapter 17: LaTroy

I'm sitting in Neutral Grounds, watching Ozzy, Henry and Kingston talk. Honestly, I feel a bit left out. I know Henry's still annoyed about how I treated Amy but I am sorry. But now they're creating the new bros and it seems me and Noah won't be invited. I mean, maybe we deserve this. I treated Amy really badly, and Noah's pretty much doing the same to Richelle. But I just made a mistake. I didn't expect it to be held over me forever.

Noah walks in and nods a hello to the other boys before sitting down opposite me. "Can we talk?" he asks bluntly, not bothering to say hi. "Sure" I nod. I'm curious, me and Noah were never really close and I don't know what he'd want. He hesitates. "You can't tell anyone" he says. "I won't" I promise. I see him deciding whether or not to trust me and eventually he chooses the former. "I'm cheating on Richelle with Jacquie" he blurts out. I exhale slowly. I'm not surprised exactly, more just shocked he told me. "Are you going to tell her?" I ask. I don't bother with the stupid questions. I've been in his position, he doesn't want to hurt Richelle but he doesn't want to be with her either. "No. I don't think so" he responds. "I only told you because I needed to vent to someone and you seemed like my best option." That makes sense. "You should tell her" I say. "She'll be hurt, but if she finds out another way, from someone else, it'll be a hundred times worse." "Yeah, but she'll be annoyed I'm cheating." "I'd say she'll be more than annoyed. And she deserves the truth, anyway." "I didn't ask for a lecture, dude" Noah snaps. "Then why did you come to me in the first place?" I ask angrily. "I don't know but I'm not staying" Noah says, getting up and walking away. He stops to talk to the others on the way out and I wonder when I became the guy who gives advice to guys who are cheating on their girlfriends.

I'm not going to tell anyone. I promised Noah, and besides, it's not my place. I have more important things to focus on, such as this English essay. Three pages to write and it's taken me half an hour to write two sentences. I sigh and pick up my pen again. I'm not wasting my time worrying about Noah's complicated mess of a love life.