Darkness Shall Rise 14

The city was in ruin thanks to the Devourer, but the ninja were working on fixing it up back to its former glory.

Cole, Jay, Misty, and Zane were busy fixing a light post and Cole said, "They're all fixed up and Serpentine-free."

Kai meanwhile was trying to use his Fire element but without his sword, all he could do was have sparks come from his hand.

"Aw, this is frustrating. Our weapons are gone!" He shouted and then the light post started tipping and the ninja had to steady it as Kai continued to complain, "and most of our elemental powers are gone! I mean we can still do spinjitzu, but..." and he once again attempted to use his fire, to weld the pole back into place but it was no use and Zane with a welding torch fixed it instead.

"I feel so, I don't know limited, and thanks to the Great Devourer our tank's out of commission, our Dragon's hurt, and now that the Bounty's destroyed we don't even have a place to sleep!"

"No one ever said, begin a hero is easy," Zane said and he flipped up the welding face mask and added. "Though our good deeds may never make us rich, they make us rich in other ways."

"Begin a hero is hard because running scared would be the easier way but also the coward's way while fighting for what's right is harder but it's also the hero way. I don't know about you but I would rather be reminded as a hero than a coward, Zane is right we are rich in a way." Misty said, smiling

"Yeah well, I don't feel rich." Kai muttered and then said, "I mean at least Misty still has her powers... except she's been pretty irritated with Lloyd lately, and her dragon... more like a lizard with wings isn't going to do us much good."

"Hey, don't talk about Shine like that!" Misty said defensively and she scowled at Kai.

"Unholiest. I for one enjoy pitching in, I've always wanted to feel a part of a community, ah speaking of which anyone has seen Nya, and she said she was going to help." Jay asked

"And I have. I may have found us a place to live" Nya's voice came and the ninja saw Nya driving up in a motorcycle with Wu sitting in the sidecar.

"Really? But there's a waiting list a mile long, to live in Ninjago City. How did you do that?" Jay asked

"I know a guy that knows a girl and she knows this girl who knows a guy, well this guy knows a girl who's a real estate agent, and she can help you find a place if you catch my drift," Nya explained and handed a card to Jay.

"And where are you off to?" Jay asked

"to fix the Ninja Tank, and my Dragon Ointment has finally arrived, it's a days trip. but once we get back, he'll be flying once again. Also, I love scenic drives, ha, ha. Punch it, Nya!" Wu said

"Ay, ay Sensei," Nya said and they drove off.

"Patty Keys, Real Estate Queen. Ha, this is exactly what we need. Once we get a roof over our head, we can start properly training Lloyd." Jay said

"Good, 'cause if we know Lord Garmadon, he's not going to be taking any breaks, and the Serpentine are still at large." Cole said, and then he looked at Misty and said, "Misty can't you help Lloyd?"

Misty didn't look happy but said, "I only know so much, I can do some but you're the ones that will have to help Lloyd the most."

Time Skip

"This one-bedroom one-half bath is a cozy dream, Who needs extras when everything is in arms reach? Now, wait until you see the lightning!" Patty said and she flipped the light switch and the ONE lightbulb flickered and fell to the ground shattering. "Uh, who needs lights when you have this view? huh," she added and then opened some blinds to a window only to see a brick wall.