The Crystal Heart 23

When Kai landed he was greeted by one of the stone warriors and its car.

"Hey, buddy. you just had to be first, and guess what you win? A little of this!" Kai shouted and flung the car and its occupant into the air.

"Who's next?" Kai asked and he took a few steps back and then ran forward and smashed the ground in front of the remaining cars. Which all of them except for the main attack vehicle fell over some even caught on fire. The main vehicle then drove forward and extinguished the fire on one of the other cars.

Kai was walking back toward the group in his mech, but Misty could see more of the warriors had arrived.

"Kai look out!" Misty shouted

"These guys just don't stop!" Jay complained

"Climb on!" Kai shouted

The other ninja leaped onto the mech and held on tightly as Kai began running up the mountain followed by stone warriors, who were getting closer and closer.

One of the warriors jumped from its car and was now on the mech. Misty saw him and shouted, "Hey, you weren't invited!" and she smacked the warrior in the face with a blast of crystal and Kai shook the warrior off, and he fell off the mountain.

Kai then used the grappling hook and they managed to make it to the top, the ninjas got off, and Jay celebrated, but there was no temple.

"Are you sure you used the medallion right?" Lloyd asked

"Oh, of course, I used it right! It said it should be right here!" Jay shouted back.

"Well, until we find it, I've got to find a way to slow them down," Kai said he shot some of the rocks on the mountain and they tumbled down the side knocking the stone army back down the mountain.

"That should buy us a little time," Kai said

The ninja started climbing up a little more, and just then Misty heard Lloyd gasp and she looked over and saw him scrambling to pull himself up, Misty followed suit and she saw a temple waiting for them when they reached the top.

The team pushed open two huge doors that had a red dragon painted on them, they opened with a creak, and they walked into the temple the walls were painted with pictured, and Jay said, "Guys, check this out.it's us." And he was correct the pictures showed important events the ninja had done. "Impossible it's everything we've ever done!" Kai marveled.

"Finding the Bounty, facing the Devourer. Even right now!!" Cole said pointing to the picture in front of them.

"How could it all be here?" Zane asked

Lloyd looked to Misty and locked eyes and said, "Destiny." then he noticed a painting on the wall depicting an image, and he said, "I think I know what we need to do."

Lloyd walked to the middle and brushed off the dust to reveal a dragon emblem on the floor that matched his, well half of the emblem the other half was of Misty's.

"look," he said each ninja bent down and brushed off the dirt on the floor to reveal their own emblem.

"Okay now what?" Lloyd asked

Then they heard shouting the warriors had arrived at the top and were coming.

"Why does everything have to be so hard?!" Cole shouted frustrated

Misty rushed to the temple doors and closed them and braced them with crystal and said that should buy us some time hopefully,"

Lloyd looked up and said, "The bell It's an instrument, you guys ready for this?" Lloyd shouted

"Bring it!" Cole shouted

Lloyd jumped from one of the four pillars and struck the bell the sound was heard all over, he landed back under it and light shone down from the bell on top of him.

"Whoa, what's happening!" Lloyd shouted

"No one mover!" Zane shouted

Lloyd looked and saw Misty had her back pressed against the door as it was begin pounded on by the army.

"Misty! You need to come here too!" Lloyd shouted

"It's going to have to be you, Lloyd... it's was always meant to be you." Misty shouted as she braced the door more.

"But we had to agree!" Lloyd shouted

"I do agree! It should be you!" Misty shouted back and then added, "You should be the one to face your father and save Ninjago...I am at peace with his decision."

Lloyd nodded and then closed his eyes and the light reflected off of them and then reflected around the room, after bouncing from crystal to crystal that had been inside the temple walls, striking each of the four pillars and lighting up the entire temple, with light, and then the beam of light flew straight at Misty, it reflected off her as she too began to glow, and flew back at Lloyd. He rose above the ground and started floating in midair, the light surrounded him, and then the swords that the ninja had been given activated, and Kai shouted, "Guys, send him your powers!"

Once they did so a giant golden dragon flew from Lloyd and the light died and Lloyd fell to the ground.

"Lloyd!" Misty shouted just as the door gave away, and she was sent tumbling forward she landed hard on her knees, but then scrambled to Lloyd's side and placed her hand on his back, she could hear the warriors behind her, storming through the door.

Lloyd sat up and wrapped his arm around Misty's waist pulling her closer to him and stood as the warriors rushed toward them, and he shouted, "Let'em have it!"

"Now we get to fight!" Cole cheered

Lloyd turned so his back was to the warriors and so he was shielding Misty from any potential attacks.

"Lloyd..." Misty said sounding confused

"Stay close, to me" Lloyd answered

The ninja began fighting using their new elemental weapons.

"Lloyd, I can fight! Let me go!" Misty shouted

Just then the General walked through the doors and zeroed in on Lloyd and Misty, Lloyd the let Misty go and stared down the general and said, "My Turn."

He created an energy ball that became golden and a golden energy dragon shot out, sending the warriors packing.

When the dust cleared, Misty saw that the crystals on the temple wall were glowing again brightly, and she watched as they came off the wall and began gathering in the air above her becoming a brilliant ball of glowing light, there was a blinding flash and afterward, a heart-shaped crystal was floating in its place, it glowed with it emanated its own light, and then the heart dropped down into Misty's hands. As soon as it landed Misty was consumed in the light, and when it cleared the nInja could see that she now had a miniature crystal heart hanging from a chain around her neck, Misty could feel the powers coming off the crystal, sending warmth throughout her and a sense of balance, for the first time ever she felt totally in control of herself and the elemental power that resided inside her, with the crystal heart the darkness in the crystal element had been purified, and as long as she had it with her she knew she wouldn't have to worry about losing control ever again. She smiled brightly had her friends and said, "I'd say that was a mission well done don't you?"

Lloyd stared at the heart around her neck and said, "The Crystal Heart...the Temple of Light.. The Golden Power there all connected."

"Just like you and Me," Misty said smiling and then added, "This is our Destiny..."

Lloyd smiled and said, "Even Though Our Destinies Were Written For Us... I Wouldn't Change It I'm Glad Fate Decided It Would Be You And Me."