Personality

It's been a full year since Sans was first found, and he was very, VERY glad that he was. The whole 'weapon' thing was no more than a nightmare from the past now, one that he no longer had to deal with. Could honestly say that he was his own person now. He was Sans the skeleton. Not a weapon. He was still learning, he still had a lot to learn, be at least he knew who he was. Ever since Frisk's birthday, he was officially allowed to do things and go places for longer than ten minutes. He'd made a habit of going to Grillby's, the fire monster was pleasantly surprised with Sans progress from the first time they'd met. He was more surprised when Sans punned at him, it'd become normal since then. "Heya Sans!"
"Hi Sans!"
"Woof woof!"
"Hello Sans!" Upon entering the bar, he was greeted by the patrons. "heya guys, happy to see ya too." He replied with a happy smile. "hey grillbz, ketchup and a burg, freeze." Grillby shook his head with an amused smile. "You'll be the death of me. It's not even winter." He knew that. He did it because he could.

🤍🤍🤍

After Grillby's, Sans found himself in front of the entrance to the Underground. It being the one year anniversary and all, he kinda wanted to see the old hallway. See if he could see that place from a different perspective. He sent Papyrus a text, just in case things didn't go well and he had a panic attack or something. He steeled himself and entered the Underground, this time taking in what it all looked like. He'd been to... out of it to explore before and it was kind of nice to relax before he went down. Things were a bit overgrown now from the absence of the monsters, regular dust collecting on everything. Sans didn't mind though. In many ways it reminded him of the surface except more... magical. He snorted to himself. That sounded so cheesy, even to him. Soon he found himself exiting the MTT Hotel and looking at the C.O.R.E. He frowned. Should he skip? He shook his head. No. It was part of the 'tour'. He continued forward. Throughout his time through the C.O.R.E, he felt uneasy. Like he was being watched. He wanted to destroy it.

🤍🤍🤍

He finally made it to the lab, the codes to get in coming to him as easily as if he'd known them his whole life. Let's be honest, he had. He went to the elevator, uncovered the secret button, pressed it. He forced himself to take a few deep breaths. The elevator stopped and he stepped in the monochrome hall. It was just depressing now. Foreign. He'd really lived down here all those years, sitting in that room, trapped in his mind wondering if he'd be tortured more or left to rot there? He shook his head. It didn't matter anymore. He went from room from room. Reminiscing. He could see now why it was all so bad to everyone. What happened, it truly was terrible. He knew that now. The elevator dinged, Papyrus walking down and to Sans who was now looking in his old bedroom. "SANS... ARE... ARE YOU OK?" Sans sighed. "i'll be ok bro, this isn't my life anymore.. was just saying goodbye." He grinned up sadly to Papyrus. "I SEE.." Sans turned away from the room. "wanna race back to the entrance?"
"SANS! YOU'LL ONLY USE YOUR SPACE/TIME SHINAIGAINS TO CHEAT!" He yelled, but he couldn't hide the relieved smile though. "and..? it's not cheating if there are no rules."
"FINE! BUT I WANT A HEAD START AT LEAST."
"ok."

2 chapters left