chapter eight Defense Against the Dark Arts- Year 4

After lunch, Defense Against the Dark Arts has a class for fourth years. Gryffindor and Slytherin have class together.

Godric and Salazar walked down to the class together but when they got there they separated to sit in their own house.

"Hello, hello class, today we will be learning about a counter curse," said Professor Lupin greeting his class. "The counter-curse that we will be learning today is Finite Incantatem. Does anyone know what this spell does?"

Godric raised his hand.

"Yes," said Professor Lupin.

"It counter acts unfriendly spells used by others," said Godric.

"Yes, yes very good ten points to Gryffindor," said Professor Lupin. "And what is your name?"

"Godric Gryffindor."

Professor Lupin starts to laugh. "Yeah, I'm sure you are and I'm guessing Salazar Slytherin is on the other side of the room."

Salazar jumped up out of his seat.

"YUP, I'M SALAZAR."

"Ah, I see we have a couple jokers in the class this year, I can respect that," said Professor Lupin. "As it is I was one myself when I attended Hogwarts."

"No, really Professor I'm Godric and that's Salazar we came back last year."

"Yes, I knew you came back but why as teenagers."

"That we don't know, wish we didn't now that the ministry is making us come to school," said Salazar with a bit of a attitude.

"Very well, welcome back to Hogwarts then," said Professor Lupin.

For the rest of the class, Lupin split up the class to practice the counter-curse while the unfriendly spell was the tickling curse.

Professor Lupin walked around telling students "Good job".

The class ended. At dinner, Remus went up to James.

"Are you serious?" asked Remus to James.

"Nooo, I'm James damn has it been that long," said James laughing.

"Not funny, you couldn't tell me the part that the founders came back as teenagers not adults," said Remus.

"What did you do?" Asked James.

"Oh, nothing just when Godric told me his name I pretty much called him a liar, you made me look like a fool, Pongs," said Remus.

"Oh, Moony you don't need any help to look like a fool," said James.

The Weasley twins heard the conversation.

"Moony," said Fred.

"Pongs," said George.

"Padfoot," said Fred.

"Wormtail," said George.

James and Remus didn't say anything. All of sudden Fred and George got up and ran out of the Great Hall.

"OH, JAMES POTTER, where did the map end up?" Asked Remus staring at his friend.

"Ummm," said James lowering his head looking at the table.

"What did you do?" Asked Remus.

"It may have got taken from me our last year of school," said James.

"By whom?"

"Filch."

"So, it's here in the castle?"

James nodded.

"I don't think Filch has the map any longer, Pongs," said Remus. "Let's go."

James and Remus ran up to catch up to the Weasley twins.

Professor McGonagall turned to Albus Dumbledore.

"And you thought it would be wise to hire both of them as teachers, Dumbledore," said McGonagall. "What's next are you going to hire Sirius Black also."

"Do you think he will take a job, Professor McGonagall," said Dumbledore.

Professor McGonagall stand up from the table.

"If you will excuse me, Albus I need to go do my retirement paperwork," said Professor McGonagall.

As she was walking away, Dumbledore yelled to her.

"I was only joking McGonagall," while laughing.

"What has gotten them two going today?" Asked Harry just arriving at the table.

"I don't know, dinner been weird so far. First, George and Fred run out, then a few minutes later your dad and Professor Lupin ran out, and now McGonagall went running out," said Ron.

"Weird," said Harry.

"Harry, was your dad and Professor Lupin know each other before now?" Asked Hermione.

"Don't know, why?"

"It just seems like they're both really close to each other," said Hermione.

Meanwhile, James and Remus finally caught up to the Weasley twins.

"How do you know those names?" Asked Professor Lupin.

"What names?" Asked Fred and George together making their face look confused.

"Moony, Padfoot, Wormtail, and Pongs," said Professor J. Potter.

"So, are you two really THE Pongs and Moony?" Asked George.

"Yes, now how do you know about us?" Asked Professor Lupin.

"The map."

"Let me see it," said Professor Lupin.

Fred pulled out a folded piece of parchment from his pocket.

James Pulled out his wand, touched the parchment lightly and said, "I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."

And at once, thin ink lines began to spread like a spider's wed from the point that James's wand had touched. They joined each other, the crisscrossed, they fanned into every corner of the parchment.

"The Marauder's map," said James.

"So, you two created this map?" Asked George.

"Yes, and now I'm confiscating it," said Professor J. Potter taking the map from them.

James tapped it again with his wand and said, "Mischief managed!" The parchment went blank.

"Why are you taking it?" Asked Fred.

"If this map got into the hands of Sirius Black, it could lead him right to Harry," said Professor Lupin.

"But it won't," said George.

"I know it won't because I'm taking it," said Professor J. Potter.

Professor Lupin and Professor J. Potter turned away from the boys and walked away.

"Remus, why does everyone think that Sirius is coming for Harry?" Asked James as they walked away from Fred and George.

"Because they think he sold you out to Voldemort and has escaped to come finish what his master started," said Remus.

"Do you think that Remus?"

"I don't know James I know Peter was the secret keeper but why after all these years would Sirius escape," said Remus.

"We need to find him first and find out what really happen that night," said James.

"I agree, my friend."