Chapter 14: Sleepless

(Third Person's Pov)

After two days of rest, Kimiko was back to her old routines. Although a few have changed ever since she came back.

She had been experiencing constant nightmares or flashbacks. Her nightmares seems to be real...as if it all happened before.

Kimiko found herself inside the dark castle ones more except it came back to life. The old ruins she saw a week ago changed into a majestic pristine castle. She found herself standing in the middle of the throne room where many people in extravagant clothes and jewelries surrounds her as they dance in rhythm with the music.

Her dream doesn't seem to be a nightmare until a hand grabbed her by the waist and bit her neck. Kimiko felt pain jolted all over her body as she scream in pain. She tried to resist the man's clutches but he's too strong. The people dancing all stumbled on the floor as blood ooze out from their body, their ones bright and joyful eyes turn dull, lifeless. It all felt so real.

The man, no, vampire. Swung her facing him.

"Are you enjoying the party, My Queen" The man laugh maniacally grabbing both of her wrist, clenching them behind her with one hand as the other was was her cheek.

Kimiko glared hatefully at the man. "You bastard! How dare you kill them! What did they ever do to you!" The man laugh in amusement.

"My Queen, they have done a lot to me..." He mumbled as his mouth's already busy nipping her soft neck. Kimiko winced as he bit her neck again. A traitorous tear slid away from her eyes as she bit her lips, refusing to show weakness to the man. But if was futile when the said man smirked in satisfaction at his work of art.

"Fufufu~ You look even more ravishing looking like a little lamb. I want to see more of this from you but that can wait" He licked the tears from her cheeks and gently release her.

With a mocking bow,

Rido Kuran left.

***

After waking up from that awful dream, Kimiko would find red marks on her neck. Fortunately it was not a vampire's bite. For her she would call it mosquito bites and shrug it off before doing her usual routine in the morning.

Kimiko straighten her uniform wrinkle free and putting on her DC badge and her weapons. With a curly hair in a simple high ponytail she looked at the mirror in daze. Her complexion became quite pale with a faded dark circles under her eyes. Kimiko sigh in reluctant. Those nightmares did a pretty good job waking her every midnight.

With a last look on the mirror, she left her dorm and continue doing her job as a prefect.

She was walking the the Academy with her mind out, not even noticing someone walking in front of her until they collide.

"Huh?" Kimiko was snapped out when her bum hit the cold floor. She rubbed her hips and looked up on who she collide with.

"Kimiko, I apologize for bumping into you, here" Kaname said in concern giving her a hand. Kimiko accepted, grateful for his chivalrous act.

"It's not your fault. I wasn't paying attention" She said in monotone. Kaname frowned when noticing her pale complexion and a melancholy expression.

He gently took her soft slender hand and cupped them with his. Kimiko stare at him in slight confusion.

"I'm afraid I can't help but worry about your health, Kimiko. Your complexion is pale and your eyes are duller than usual" His mellow voice has a reach her ears in delight. Kimiko shivered slightly at the outlandish feeling he's giving her. She suddenly felt at peace and safe with him.

Kimiko unconsciously leaned her head on his chest, her eyes felt heavy so she closed them. In thought she gingerly breath in his scent.

Bewilderment is an understatement on what Kimiko had done to him. The heart that's been unmoving for thousands of years is going on a rampage. For the first time in his life, he truly felt happy, very happy and alive.

Kaname doesn't want this feeling to stop so he wrapped his arms around Kimiko protectively, caressing her feather soft hair. Her scent makes him a bit out of control, he just want to take her all to himself and never let anyone touch her.

"Kimiko?" Kaname softly muttered. When he got no response, he listen carefully and found out that she's in deep sleep. Sighing in amusement he carefully picked her up. Her head in now leaning against his neck, her face becomes peaceful which make her look like an innocent child.

"Sleep well My dear. I'll always be here to protect you." He whispered and kissed her forehead.

Unbeknown to both of them, Kimiko's lips formed into a smile.

***

Edited on: October 05, 2017