Chapter 10: Mission

(Kimiko's Pov)

~morning~

I just woke up from my slumber when I heard someone knocking.

"Who is it?" I asked, tiredness hugged my voice.

"It's me, Kimiko-san" It was Yuki. Now what would she be doing at this early?

I brushed my tangled locks on my fingers, rubbing my eyes to ease my sleepy state before opening the door.

"Yuki are you a little early? And we don't have classes today" narrowing my eyes slighty, I don't want to be disturb at this early so I was a little grumpy. I saw her flinched under my gaze.

"H-h-headmaster n-needs you in his o-office" she stuttered in fright, her body tense.

I sigh. "I'll be there, you can go now" without a second thought, Yuki quickly dashed away from me.

Am I really that scary?

~Time skip~

(Third Person's Pov)

After taking a quick shower, Kimiko went ahead to Kaien's office. She already have a clue of what would they discuss.

She opened the door, without bothering to knock, and saw him peacefully sipping his tea.

"Hmm~ I have a feeling you already know why I call you?" Kimiko nodded, walking in front of Kaien and grabbing the folder on his table.

"Just a quick reminder, Kimiko" He seriously stated, putting his cup down and removing his glasses.

"The place where you are going is no ordinary. An unusual amount of Level Es are roaming around this particular area. You see, this place is exactly where the Castle of the Vampire Queen stood for thousands of years, until it was destroyed, with everything in it, by the Vampire's Senate to keep the vampires from interfering with the ancient times."

"And now, the Vampire's Senate and the Hunter's Association were alarmed when they heard about those vampires roaming the castle ruins. It seems they are trying to find something. And that's where you're coming in. Your order is to obliterate. Nothing is left behind" For the first time Kimiko saw Kaien so serious and matured looking. I guess they wouldn't call him the 'Fangless Vampire' for no reason.

"Mission affirmative. I guess I'll be back by a week or so."

"Be careful Kimiko and good luck" Kimiko gave Kaien a final nod and stepped out.

"Where are you going Kimiko-san?" Asked Yuki, who saw Kimiko walking out of the Academy with a single luggage.

"It's none of your concern" She said in stoic before leaping out of the gates, not giving a single glance to a confuse and frowning Yuki.

***

Edited On: March 22, 2017