Chapter 18: Moon Party

(Third Person's Pov)

Yesterday's event took quite a toll on Kimiko's mind. Firstly, the rouge vampire's actions. The mastermind behind it is certainly a Pureblood, unfortunately she's yet to have a clue who it is. It might've been that Rido guy, but something tells her it's not. Second is Kaname's weird behavior towards her and her abnormal emotions she'd shown that night.

She thought it was just a misconception because she's a bit restless and has a lot of things going on in her mind so she choose to ignore all of it and come back to her phase and continue her patrols.

***

"Those rouge vampires who tries to resurrect the Vampire Queen are certainly not a single group. There will be a lot of trial and errors for it to succeed so, they must be scattered around the towns." Kaien enlightens with a serious expression.

This incident is no laughing matter if they manage to resurrect her. It'll be like what happened to Kaname.

The current Kaname is not the real son of Juri and Haruka, but an ancestor, who's name is also Kaname. The real Kuran Kaname was killed as a baby by no other than his own uncle, Rido. He killed the baby to sacrifice him for the ancestor Kaname so he could awaken and devour him to receive his powers.

Unfortunately for hin, his plans backfired when the awakened ancestor Kaname attacked Rido out of hunger and thirst, draining him until left to unconsciousness.

As then the ancestor took the dead, baby Kaname's place and became Kuran Kaname.

Rido was the master who awaken the ancestor Kaname to his slumber, because of that he cannot kill Rido.

Instead, he can only cause him great pain worst than death. Destroying his body so that he would heal for a very long time. He's being monitored by the vampire Council, enough for Kaname to plan ahead of time.

The Hunters Association and the Vampire Council had an agreement to prevent this kind of thing to happen again. So when they caught a whiff of the rouge vampires' plans, they almost vomit blood and faint.

It was worst than they imagine, awakening their mother's peaceful slumber. They would definitely receive a good whack in the head and some spanking.

"If this gets out of control, the faith of humanity will be placed ones again on the Queen's palm and continue her reign. It's nearly impossible for a Pureblood or any vampire to control the Queen because she created their kind. With a snap of her finger, a vampire is born or dies."

"If that is true, then how come they are trying to resurrect her?" A man in a cowboy hat grumbles, puffing out his cigarette.

"I...I don't know." Kaien sullenly replied. The man clicked his tongue in annoyance. Standing up from his seat, he turns to leave but was stopped.

"M-matte, Toga!" Yagari Toga stopped, but didn't turn around.

"Don't even think about harming my students." Kaien narrowed his eyes. "Kimiko is already enough, please don't add yourself too."

Yagari chuckled listlessly. "That girl, huh. Hmp, how unlucky of you." With that he finally turns to leave.

***

"Konbanwa, Tsukino-san." Kimiko looked behind her to see the Night Class' vice-president, Ichijo Takuma. A tall, blonde aristocrat vampire with soft green eyes and a friendly air around him.