9

When I've stopped crying and got my breathing back to normal I can hear how quiet the streets are, it's still only 9.am on a saturday. I wipe the tears off my face, it's a warm day today. I can feel the cool wind and hear the birds chirping. I take a deep breath and just as I'm about to stand up and walk inside again the front door opens up and Scarlett walks out and joins me on the porch. At first she doesn't say anything and just lays her arm around me and I lay my head on her shoulder. I feel safe.

"I know this must be so hard for you. But I also asked my manager if you could stay with me until the trial. He said that because I'm not signed up as a foster parent I can't have you live with me, but I am going to fix the papers so that you can stay with me. Only if you want to of course."

I know she only did what was best for me and I really appreciate what she's doing for me, though I can't really understand why. Either way I'm happy she does this for me. I can't describe it but something about her makes me feel safe and happy. It just feels right.

without taking my head off her shoulder I nod slightly. "Yes I would love to live with you Scarlett." I answer her quietly.

We sit in a comfortable silence for a few minutes until Scarlett carefully gets up and holds out her hand for me to get up too. "Comon you need some breakfast." I take her hand and we go back to the kitchen where it smells amazing. While me and Scarlett were outside, Lizzie had started making breakfast for us, so by the time we were inside again the food was already done for us to start eating.

"You're a really good cook Lizzie" I say with my mouth stuffed with pancake. "Thank you Tessa" Elizabeth answers with a little chuckle.

"Scarlett I do have a question for you though" I say and pause a little and get a nod from her to keep going. "How long is it until mom's trial, and will I be able to see her in the meantime?" I ask her and can see that she gets a little sad.

I get that she feels bad for me but I still want the answers. I understand that what she did was what was best for me and that I would've probably done the same thing if I was the grownup but I want to know the truth.

"Well she no longer has custody of you sweetheart. The state has, and I don't think you will be able to see her until she can prove that she's going to stay sober. But she's going to have someone who's looking after her and can see if she is capable of staying sober. The trial is going to be in a few weeks if your mom is able so stay sober until the trial. And if she can, you'll get to live with her again." She answers honestly.

"Okay" I answer with a sigh. I didn't think that she was so addicted. I mean I know that she had problems before but isn't this a little overreacting. But it's not like I can do anything about it.

After breakfast Scarlett told me to go home and pack the things I would want with me to the group home since I would just stay at Scarlett's house for one more night and then I had to go to that shit hole until she was a qualified foster parent.

When I came home there was nobody else inside. They've taken mom to a sober living house and to be honest, I don't have a clue where Logan is. It feels weird to be home. Like empty. It's a weird feeling but I most definitely don't like it, I kind of feel like it's my fault all of this. If I just had locked myself into my room or just had done something else instead of telling anyone none of this would have happened. But I guess that's too late to think about now.

I went up to my room and took out a bigger bag from my closet. I shoved down some clothes I wanted to bring with me. And I also put down my stuffed animal, a bunny I got when I was born. I didn't really know what to bring, it's not like I've done this before but I packed what I thought was necessary and then went back to Scarlett's house.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry I took so long to post this but I have much to do in school so I haven't had the time to write. This is also very short so I will try to get the next chapter out as soon as possible.

Thank you for the response, it makes me so happy to see that people are actually reading this story :) Until next time, stay safe my friends <3