20

Time skip to one month later →

My arm is still hurting occasionally, but I can manage the pain. I still take the medication that Dr. Halstead prescribed to me, I have had a break from both football and basketball, they don't think I should play until my arm is fully healed to prevent it from getting worse.

Today is a big day though, Scarlett's paperwork has finally been worked out, it has taken longer than we thought it would, and this day we're settling the fostering. We're all having a meeting in about 30 minutes to make it official. I have had an okay time here at the group home, but it's way too crowded, and I like being at Scarlett's house.

I'm in my room with Jodie, she's been helping me to pack all my stuff, since this is my last day here. We have grown fairly close, so I am going to miss her a little, but at the same time, I can't wait to get out of here.

I look at my phone and see that it's just 20 minutes until we're supposed to be at Scarlett's, where the meeting is going to be. I go downstairs to say goodbye to everybody, since I haven't really liked to be here I haven't made the biggest effort to make friends with the ones here. Therefore, It's not overly emotional. Most of the kids here is way younger than me, so they don't really care that I'm leaving.

Barbra meets me in the hall, where my bags are packed and I'm standing ready. Barbra is also an educated social worker, so we decided, since she knows me quite well, it would be best if she'd become my social worker for the time being until everything is settled with my mom.

"You ready Tess?" Barbra asks. "Yep I'm ready" I say and pick up my bag from the floor. I hug Jodie goodbye and me and Barbra go out to the car and head to Scarlett's

When we get to Scarlett's house, I quickly get out of the car and run up to the door. Scarlett opens the door just as I get there and welcome us in. "Hi Scarlett I say as I let my bags down on the floor and hug her tight, a tight hug which she gladly returns.

"Hi hun how are you?" She asks me, still holding the hug. "I'm good, excited for today" I reply. She agrees and we let go of the hug. We all go into her living room,

there is me, Scarlett, Barbra and another Social worker, who's signing off, the lasting papers before Scarlett can officially foster me

I am a bit nervous. I know Scarlett wants me here, and I want to be here too, but in some way, I feel like I quite not belong here. Scarlett, Colin and Rose, they already have their own little family... who am I to just get in the middle of that. I mean, I hope the trial comes pretty fast so I can just move home again.

The meeting goes very fast, I don't pay much attention to what's being said, but in the blink of an eye, the meeting is over, and I say goodbye to the other social worker. Barbra stays for just a few minutes extra, she wants to tell me just a few things before she heads home too.

"You behave now okay?" Barbra tells me. "I always behave" I smirk, she smiles and gives me a hug, "please be good now Tessa, and you can always call me okay?" She says hugging me, "thanks bobbi, I will stay in touch, I promise" I say hugging her back.