2 | just friends

𝑺 𝒐 𝒅 𝒂 𝒑 𝒐 𝒑 :

Steve asked me if I wanted to go to Ellie and Chloe's house with him and of course I said yes. Even though me and Chloe met yesterday I think I might like her, but I'm not asking a girl I just met to be my girl.

We got to their house and Ellie was in the kitchen cooking eggs and bacon for breakfast. "Oh hey guys! Chloe is still sleeping in her room, you could go wake her if you would like Sodapop" she said still cooking. "Alright" I said.

I walked upstairs and found her room cause her door had her name on it. I walked in to see her still sleeping. "Hey Chloe wake up" I said shaking her. "Go away!" She said turning over. That's when I got an idea, I walked downstairs to get a cold cup of water.

𝑪 𝒉 𝒍 𝒐 𝒆 :

"Hey Chloe wake up" I heard someone say while shaking me. "Go away!" I said Turing over on my other side.

I was just starting to fall back asleep when I felt cold water being dumped all over me. I jumped up out of bed and saw Sodapop laughing so hard his face was turning red. "Haha very funny Pepsi-Cola" I said. "Yeah yeah Ellie is making breakfast" he said walking out of my room.

I got changed into a white cropped tank top, a flannel, and some blue jean shorts.

I went downstairs to see Soda, Steve, and Ellie all eating breakfast and talking. I got some food and sat down on the table. Ellie and Steve were talking and flirting like couples do.

"So Chloe, tell me about yourself" Soda said. "Like what?" I asked. "Like where are your parents? Do you have any siblings?" He asked.

My heart dropped, my parents and little brother and sister that were twins died in an auto wreck along with Ellie's parents, they were all going out together.

"My parents and siblings died in a auto wreck a year ago.." I said tearing up. "Oh, I'm sorry" he apologized. We sat in an awkward silence until Soda spoke. "My parents died in an auto wreck too, now all I have is my older brother Darry and younger brother Ponyboy" he said. "I'm sorry Soda" I said. "Nah it's fine, but I know how ya feel" he said with his movie star smile.

We talked and got to know each other more. "Okay love birds it's time for me and Sodapop to leave for work" Steve said. "Oh come on Steve we are not love birds, we are just friends" Sodapop said. It felt like my heart broke into tiny little pieces. Sure me and Soda just met yesterday but I like him. "Mhm sure" Steve said. "Alright well bye Chloe" Sodapop said leaving with Steve. "Bye.." I said in almost a whisper.

"Hey you okay?" Ellie asked breaking me away from my thoughts. "Uhm y-yeah I'm fine" I lied. "Chloe I know your lying, I can tell when you do" Ellie said worried. "Okay fine I'll tell ya but you can't tell anyone" I said. "I promise" she replied.

I told her everything that Sodapop said while her and Steve were talking. "I knew you liked him!" Ellie said excited. "Yeah but he doesn't even like me" I said looking at the floor. "Are you sure? Because Steve told me otherwise" she said with a smirk. "What did he say?" "Well Soda may have crush on you, Steve told me that all he has been talking about is you ever since ya met the guy" she said smiling. "Really?" I asked. "Yeah, if I were you I'd tell him how you feel" she suggested. "I don't know, we just met" I said. "Trust me Chloe, you won't regret it" she said.

I went upstairs to my room and just sat there thinking about what Soda said.

"Okay love birds it's time for me and Sodapop to leave for work" Steve said. "Oh come on Steve we are not love birds, we are just friends" Sodapop said.

Does he actually have feelings for me? Or does he think we are just friends?