22 | counting stars

𝑪 𝒉 𝒍 𝒐 𝒆 :

I woke up the next morning and Sodapop wasn't next to me like I had expected. I walked in the living room expecting Pony and Owen to be sitting in the kitchen eating breakfast like normally, but they weren't and this was starting to worry me. I looked all around the house to try and find everyone but no one was there. I was super confused cause nobody told me they were going to be gone this morning. I gave up and went back into the bedroom to get dressed, when I turned around to leave I saw Soda standing behind me with flowers.

"Aww thanks Soda" I said thanking him.

"No problem baby" he replied.

"Where is everyone?" I asked.

"They are out hanging" he said.

"Is Owen with them?" I asked kind of worried.

"Yes he will be fine don't worry, Pony is watching him" he said. I was relieved that's Pony was watching him, I trust Pony with Owen.

"Okay" I said.

"Get ready we are going on a date" Soda said.

"Where we going?" I asked.

"Can't tell ya, it's a surprise" he said smiling.

"But how am I supposed to know what to wear?" I asked.

"I don't know, where something pretty like a dress" he said walking away.

I walked into our bedroom and started looking for something to wear. I looked in the closet trying to look for a pretty dress. I looked around the closet until I found the baby blue dress Darry had gotten me for my 17th birthday. I tried it on and surprisingly it still fit me. I put on my white converse and light makeup. After I was done I went out to the living room and saw Soda, he was wearing a white t-shirt, blue jeans, and his normal flannel but it was a red one and it looked new.

"Ready to go?" He asked.

"Yup" I said smiling.

We walked out the door and in the truck. He started driving and I had no clue where we were going, all I knew was that we were in the country. After about 10 more minutes of driving we arrived at a restaurant. When we walked in it was beautiful and looked expensive. We followed the waiter over to a table and she took our orders and left.

"This place is beautiful Soda" I said looking around. "Thank you for bringing me here" I thanked him.

"You're welcome Chloe" he said returning the smile.

We ate and just hung out like we used to do. We went to the park, to a little store, and when it was getting dark he took me to the drive in. I absolutely loved today.

We drove back home to see Pony and Owen outside on the porch looking at the sky. It was dark out so you could see the stars. I sat next to Owen and Soda sat next to Pony. We all just looked at the stars pointing out the constellations. Pony got up and went inside while me, Soda, and Owen just stayed outside looking at the stars.

"Alright Owen it's time to get to bed" I said standing up.

"Awww okay" he said. "Goodnight daddy" he said as I picked him up.

"Goodnight buddy" Soda said smiling.

I put Owen to bed and went back outside. I saw that Soda was still looking up at the stars.

"You coming to bed Pepsi-Cola?" I asked leaning in the doorway.

"You know, I kinda missed you calling me that" he admitted.

"Really?" I asked, he nodded.

"I'm coming to bed" he said standing up.

We walked into our shared bedroom and got into bed. We cuddled up together and I started to get tired.

"Goodnight Chloe" Soda whispered in my ear then kissed me head.

"Goodnight" I said before drifting off to sleep.

I missed falling asleep in Soda's arms so much. I'm glad he's back from Vietnam.