2. New Body

Chapter 2: New Body

Heavy rain poured down as she stirred awake. The wind blown harshly, like a thousand tiny needles pricking her skin sending extreme pain to her battered body.

She jolted and felt weak as the cold waves of water continue to hit her sore and frail physique. Natagpuan niya ang sarili na nakahiga sa mabatong bahagi ng isang lawa she decisively cleared her mind as she gave a judgment of her current situation.

So this how it works . . .

She was in a strange new world, replacing a dying soul and as she searched the fragments of foreign memories that flooded her mind, she came to realize that this new 'her' was also known as the good for nothing granddaughter of Duke Ivan Soleil. Her name is Ethel Eurydice Soleil.

Ethel was overly pampered by her grandfather that eventually results to her bad temper and pea size brain. She always put on airs wherever she goes, a typical no brainier kid who doesn't know how high the sky is.

Ethel's biological parents was long gone, ang pamilyang natitira na lang sa kanya ay ang Lolo at ang Uncle niya. Her Uncle; Marcus Soleil was a former general but now he is considered useless in the empire because of his crippled legs.

This body she's currently residing in is a 16 year old kid. And as to why she's badly beaten to death right now.

She could only blame the stupidity of the past owner of this body.

Ethel is betrothed to the second prince of Casa Empire, but because of the declining status of the House of Soleil they became more bold and shameless. They blatantly find a new girl to accompany the second prince, dahil sa ginawang iyon ng royal family they openly humiliated the House of Soleil by not giving them face.

They even starts to mock his grandfather in court meetings and frame him with evil deeds to reduce his influenced and power, after all the past owner's grandfather came from exceptionally good background and the sworn brother of the late Emperor, he is also one of the founder of the empire, with this kind of terrifying connections and deep roots it's not easy to completely destroy the House of Soleil.

But those bastards from the Royal Family still knows their limits, they don't dare to stretch their claws too much, they didn't publicized the breaking of the engagement for they're afraid of offending the most respected forces under the House of Soleil.

The death of Ethel involves the second prince and his new lover, they were the one who ordered the assassination.

Heather or should I say Ethel now heaved a sigh. Even in this lifetime she have to suffered problems like this.

'Four broken ribs, both fractured legs, dislocated shoulder in the left side, deep gash on the head and a fatal wound on the chest, falling from such high cliff with all this injuries, this body miraculously survived ' she thought.

If not for Heather's soul replacing this body it would surely be dumped in the wilderness and would probably be eaten by beasts.

Ethel closed her eyes and tried to stand up. Nagsimula ng pumatak ang ulan hanggang tuluyan ng itong bumuhos, kasabay ang pagdilim ng paligid at ang sunod-sunod na pagkulog.

Ethel ignored the pain and pick up a branch of a tree and used it to push herself up.

She saw a cave not far from where she was standing, she mustered all her strength and walked towards it.

With such injuries it's a difficult feat to steady herself. Even a person with great endurance would find it hard to walk in this rough terrain lest she herself with this frail body.

Now all she have to do is to not let this body die.

***

(A/N: This is how I imagined Ethel's face.)

Ps: Image not mine, this is just used for visual purposes.

***

Ethel Eurydice Soleil