7. Shameless Prick

Surely, this so called second prince is  thick-skinned.

Marcus gritted his teeth and clenched his fist secretly. He was holding himself back from flying in rage. The way the second prince delivered those words, he made it sound casual and good but his underlying tone is very clear, he wants to cancel his niece engagement with him.

The audacity to talk like that in front of him!!

If he's still the general right now, the second prince will not run his mouth carelessly like that and he could protect his niece feelings and heart.

Ganito na ba kababa ang estado ng kanilang pamilya and that anyone can mock them without batting an eye?

Ethel decided to speak when she saw his uncle's face, she know he is struggling internally right now, for a moment her eyes softened. This man together with her grandfather truly love the original host, kaya hindi niya lubos maisip kung bakit pa nito hinahabol-habol ang pagmamahal ng ikalawang prinsipe kung sa pamilya pa nito, she was already showered with love and attention.

The original host is really stupid to overlook those who actually cared for her at mas pinahalagahan ang mga walang kwentang tao.

Ethel glance at the cocky second prince.

"I don't need those your highness, as you can see I'm doing fine." She calmly stated. Nathan's eyes flashed in ridicule when he heard Ethel's words, as expected she will be stubborn, she clearly wants to continue clinging to him. He just scoff and continue saying. "I'm a prince of a nation and my future wife should be as great as me too." Ethel's brow shot up.

Oh? How ironic, he is talking about his so-called greatness when in fact he was just relying on the king's support.

"I know you are still devastated of not having a contractual spirit that you even results to suicide but a future empress should have a power to rule. Unlike you Lorraine perfectly fit for the position. We both know that I don't really have any romantic feeling for you, it was you all along who wants to betrothed to me so I think ----" Nathan's was about to continue his tirade when he was cut by Ethel's words.

"You want to break the engagement." It's not a question but a statement.

Everyone went silent when those words left Ethel's lips. Even the servants held their breath as they expect their young Lady to shot into rage and fury. They can even imagined how she will throw a tantrum and break every single vases of the manor.

Marcus worriedly stared at his niece, he knows how she loves the second prince, siguradong masasaktan ito.

Nathan secretly mock Ethel he can wait to see her, embarrassing herself in front of everyone.

Knowing how Ethel was so smitten with the second prince and now he's telling her to break the engagement in front of his new lover, everyone expected the worst.

Ethel even gone to the extent of abusing his grandfather's power just to force the king to betrothed her to the second prince.

Nathan was waiting for a drama to be unfold but Ethel just sipped her tea leisurely, her beautiful countenance is calm and no ripples could be seen in her eyes.

Lorraine butt in as she speak with her saintly smile but the obvious contempt was in guised with her sweet words." I know you love Prince Nathan, Lady Ethel but if you truly cared for him, you should not burden him like this. It's better if you ----"