4. Rescued

Ethel felt her surroundings slowly fading away as she slipped into darkness. When she fluttered her eyes open, she found herself lying on a warm bed in a luxuriously decorated room.

"Young miss you're awake!" an overly excited voice sounded beside her.

Ethel's eyes look inadvertently to the girl who is wearing a chambermaid uniform. She remembered that this girl is the loyal servant of Ethel, she is called Curly. It's not her real name, slaves doesn't have the right to have their own name unless their master give them.

Aligaga itong ibinababa ang hawak na bimpo at mabilis na yumuko kay Ethel bago tumakbo palabas ng kwarto.

"I'll be back young miss, I will just inform the duke that you're awake!" Curly yelled.

Ethel stretched her body and felt her energy coming back. That man with pair of violet eyes was the one who carried her, she's sure of that before she lost her consciousness she heard his exact words.

"We will meet again, my lady"

Hindi pa rin siya makabangon ng maayos dahil sa bendang nakabalot sa buong katawan niya, though she felt fine the discomfort is still there. Mabuti na lang may basin ng tubig sa beside table sa gilid niya.

Ethel wash her face and coldly stared at the girl's countenance. No doubt Ethel's beauty is unique, the kind of beauty that can topple cities and destroy countries.

Too bad, she was blinded by love that caused her own demised.

However now that Heather take over, she will make sure to turn the tides.

***

"Silly girl you're finally willing to wake up. Don't do that again or you will scare grandpa to death!" A white haired old man nagged. His eyes was red rimmed, it's clear that he is suppressing himself from crying.

"Why commit suicide? It's just a contractual spirit. I don't care of you don't have any, for grandpa you're still the best"

After being dazed for a moment she realized that this old man is - Duke Ivan Soleil, the formers grandfather.

And what did he said?

Suicide?

Hah . . . the bastard second prince was still cautious.

Ethel's eyes revealed coldness and mockery.

Duke Ivan continue to reprimand her but his eyes was full of indulgence and doting, not scary at all.

No wonder Ethel became a brat.

"...."

"I'm fine grandpa" Ethel's voice was hoarse it was tinge with indifference.

Duke Ivan sigh and affectionately rub her head." Alright, I won't talk anymore but always remember to take a good care of yourself. Fortunately, someone save you and notified my men or else I'm afraid it will be too late" he sighed.

Ethel raised her head."Do you know his identity grandpa?"

Duke Ivan shook his head."No, we found you in the inn on the nearby village not far from the West Valley. You were wrapped in bandaged and was unconscious when my men brought you in"

"Don't worry I already ordered my men to search for his informations to personally thank him" Duke Ivan was grateful and relieved that his granddaughter was safe.

Ethel was not worried at all she was just curious, that man's aura was heavy and powerful he must be a dangerous person and with her condition she didn't want to find unnecessary trouble.

' Its better not to see that man again ' she noted in her mind.

"But what actually happened to you? Why were you injured like that?"

Duke Ivan was really troubled about what happened to his granddaughter. Those injuries were severe, it even took her a week to woke up.

Ethel pondered for awhile before answering." I was on my way to the mountains to gather herbs for Uncle and Grandpa but I met a group of bandits and was robbed. I tried to fight with them but I got injured in the process" she lied flawlessly.

Ayaw niyang sabihin pa rito ang totoo she doesn't want to make him worried. Actually this old man has a lot of similarities of her grandfather back in her past life, no wonder she's comfortable with him.

Since she acknowledge them as her family in this life, then she will surely protect them with all costs.

Duke Ivan got angry when he heard those words, he continue to scold those bandits and promise to catch them and feed them to beasts.

Ethel was speechless and also helpless, her grandfather really adore her too much.

***
(A/N: I can't find any pic that can actually fit my taste so here it is, this image barely past my imagination.)

Ps: Image not mine, this is just used for visual purposes.

***

Duke Ivan Soleil

Ethel's grandfather the Duke of House of Soleil

• Ethel's grandfather the Duke of House of Soleil