10. Master!

Chapter 10: Master!!

The moon lit brightly in between the eerie silence of the night. Four youth's and one pampered lady stood before the shadow of the white forest.

The lady in an expensive brocade was frowning, impatience was evident on her face. Four average young men were standing in front of the lady and holding their own weapon. It seems they are the servants and guards of the rich young lady.

The White forest that was once filled with mage's and martial arts practitioners was now empty.

The cold breeze of the night penetrates the youths bones. Fear and tension hovered in the air.

"Hmmp! Are you sure that peasant will make it out alive?!" She questioned her right hand man.

The servant wiped his cold sweat and nodded. "I-I believed so my lady, the person we hire is considered as one of the best talents in the Red Mercenary Guild."

The lady scoffed and rolled her eyes. "You'd better be right or else . . ." She threatened, the servant cowered in fear and bowed his head in anxiety. "Y-Yes my lady, I-I understand."

The lady is the Counts Hieldrich's youngest daughter, Adele Hieldrich. Their family is a nouveau riche who recently rose in power. Born in a normal residence and lacking the proper education of a noble lady, she's considered barbaric and low of status by the noble ladies in the society. Her crude behavior during a tea party a week ago added to her notorious background. This lady loves to wear makeup, which actually made her look like a ghost straight from a horror movie, and a grotesque one at that. Unbeknownst to other's, her love of concocting potion was on another level, despite different rumors about her bad temperament which ironically coincides with Ethel's personality, she's actually a talented person. 

They are here because Lady Adele wants to get a herbal she needed for her potion. Though her trusted servant knew about her concocting potion, the family considered it as a passing hobby of their lady. They didn't actually delve into it and just gave her what she wanted.

The servant let out an inaudible sigh, his job sure is dangerous. He definitely deserves a raise. 

Lady Adele was about to complain again when they heard a rustle in bushes near the entrance of the forest. The guards form a protective stance and draw their sword.

"I think that's the peasant you hired!!" Lady Adele exclaimed in excitement. At last she will be able to finish her potion. These idiots actually did something right.

But her happiness was cut short when a small figure appeared, a total contrast on what a mercenary figure should look like.

Ethel was on her way home when she heard several voices in the area. There's no other way out other than the entrance itself. She can conceal herself but she is yet to recover from the fall and it might take a toll on her body since she just performed an impromptu surgery.

She planned to just ignore those people since she doesn't want to stick her nose with others' business.

Looking at the incoming figure, Adele frowned. She's sure that it was not the mercenary her useless servant hired and there's a big possibility that he was already dead and cold.

Annoyed, she clench her fist and send a glare towards the servant. They all cowered in fear. "M-Milady, I don't know what had transpired but I assure you I-I did pick out the best mercenary." He stuttered.

"If he's that great then he should be here with my goods! But it was clear he was dead!"

The servant drops to his knees and bow down. "I-I apologize milady, I-I m-miscalculated" The servant kowtows in trepidation.