6: Clown

Ethel locked herself in her room and continue to consolidate her energy. Refining one's energy needs time for normal mage's but for her it's just easy as breathing.

Well Ethel was not the hardworking type of girl unlike her family na sobrang dedicated sa mga ginagawa nila, the original Ethel always depends on others when it comes to her protection. But not her, she doesn't want to owe anyone gusto niyang maging malakas sa sariling sikap.

Ang bawat mage sa mundong ito ay may sariling enerhiya sa katawan na maaari nilang sanayin o ihasa kapag tumuntong sila sa edad na limang taong gulang.

At itinuturing nila na malaking pinagpala ang mga taong mayroong mga contractual spirit. Kadalasan lang kasing nagkakaroon ng spirit's ay ang mga nobles, meron din namang mga comonners na biniyayaan pero kakaunti lang sila. Kaya imagine the disappointment the original host felt nang wala siyang spirit, naging katatawanan siya hindi lamang sa buong emperyo kundi maging sa mga mata ng mga nobles.

A said granddaughter of a Duke pero walang spirit. It's devastating to hear such awful remarks everywhere.

Buti na lang hindi siya tanga gaya ng orihinal na may-ari sa katawan na ito. Heather's IQ is so much higher than a normal person, kaya madali lang niya nalaman kung bakit mabilis siyang makapag-refine ng energy sa katawan niya, because her soul is not from this world means that she is foreign and is not bind to any restrictions within the rules of nature of this world.

The House of Soleil's future is bleak dahil sa kawalan ng tagapagmana sa posisyon ng Duke, matanda na ang kanyang Lolo at kailangan na niyang tagapagmana.

Technically, her uncle can't be the Duke dahil sa kondisyon niya. So that leaves Ethel as the only heiress but based on the formers upbringing and attitude she's not fit to take the position, iyan rin ang kinababahala ng kanyang Lolo na siyang kasalukuyang Duke.

At dahil nga doon humina ang impluwensya ng House of Soleil. They were look down dahil siguradong babagsak ang buong pamilya at ang mga naipundar ng kanyang Lolo kung walang magmamana o magpapatuloy sa heritage at legacy ng pamilya.

But now that she's here she will not take things lying down.

Ethel fix her chess pieces and continue to device a plan for her victory. She glanced at the chessboard and pick a black piece, a pawn to be exact.

She already have someone in mind all she needs to do is to hone her skills and her loyalty.

***

~ House of Soleil's Grand Hall

The hall was silent as they wait the servants to finished serving the refreshments and pastries. A man in his early thirties with handsome features raised his cup of tea and took a sipped.

He was wearing a gray robe while sitting on his wheelchair, his face was somewhat pale and sickly.

It was Ethel's uncle, Marcus Soleil. Alam na niyang darating ang ikalawang prinsipe kaya siya na ang humarap rito. He already have an idea why his here and he obviously doesn't like his intentions, ayaw niyang masaktan ang nag-iisa niyang pamangkin.

Sa kaliwa nakaupo ang ikalawang prinsipe together with his rumored lover.

The second prince is also handsome but his furrowed eyebrows has a trace of malice and arrogance, a complete contrast of his gentle looking facade outside the palace.

Kahit na naiinis si Marcus sa mga nakikita pinili niya pa ring kumalma, he's an elder at dapat siyang umakto ayon sa kanyang edad at tungkulin.

Marcus was after all a former general kaya hiding his emotions and maintaining his calm facade is easy.