8. White Woods

In the next day, Ethel decided to wonder inside the White Woods. Bago pa man sumikat ang araw nagpa-alam na siya sa kanyang Lolo at Uncle, hindi niya sinabi kung saan talaga siya pupunta dahil siguradong mag-aalala ang mga ito, though they're reluctant to let her go without bringing any guards with her she eventually convinced them, mas convenient kasi kung aalis siya ng mag-isa at walang makaka-alam sa mga gagawin niya.

Ethel needs to be cautious with her actions though she trust her grandfather's men ayaw niya pa ring magpakampante.

White Woods is one of the dangerous forest in Casa Empire, rumored said that anyone who dare step inside that place never came back again.

Ethel fixed her hood and continue walking.

She decided na ibahin ang mukha niya ngayon, she is in disguise to avoid attracting anyone's attention.

Masyado din naman kasing kapuna-puna ang magandang mukha ni Ethel.

Her current face right now is way too ordinary, a countenance that can easily blend in with the crowd. Hindi siya mahihirapang makakilos sa kasalukuyan niyang gamit na mukha, she can stay inconspicuous.

Her main purpose why she visit this forest is to find healing herbs that contains spiritual energy to help her crippled uncle return to his former glory.

Kailangan din niya ng mga ibat-ibang mga ingredients para sa nutritional diet na inihahanda niya para sa Lolo niya. Though the Duke looks robust may hindi pa rin maiiwasan ang pag-baba ng katawan nito dahil sa pagod at katandaan, idagdag pa na hindi na ito nagre-refine ng energy sa katawan dahil sa tambak nitong trabaho hindi lamang sa Dutchy kundi pati na rin sa emperyo.

And this is how the rascal emperor repay them! By attempting of annihilating their whole clan!!!

Ethel sneered in her heart.

Narating na niya ang bukana ng White Woods and as expected maraming mga mercenary ang nagkalat there were also disciples from different clan o di kaya mga individual practitioner na gustong pumasok sa kagubatan to meet some destinies.

And this world, gift of destinies are considered once in the lifetime opportunity. Because this kind of occurrence are hard to come by, it totally based on ones luck.

***

Ethel's tiny and fragile figure attracted everyone's attention when she walked towards the gloomy entrance of the White Woods.

Walang nagbalak na pumasok sa kanilang lahat at nagpapakiramdaman kung sinong mauuna.

They're all have their own doubts in their hearts because leaving that forest is closed to impossible they don't want to be reckless, especially that it involves their own lives.

But all of the people around the area was shocked when a petite and weak looking girl actually initiate to enter the cursed place!

A burly mercenary step forward and blocked Ethel's way. He is also a mage and he's already in Level 5 but he's not confident of leaving the place alive and intact, aside from wild beast there are also poisonous eating plants in the White Woods, a lot of danger is lurking in the area.

The mercenary just can't let the little lady risk her life and die, masyado pa itong bata.

"Little Lady this forest is dangerous, it's not a safe place to wonder around" The good-hearted mercenary said.

Ethel just nodded and raised her head. "We all have our own purpose on why were all here good sire. Without taking a risk we won't be able to achieve our goals"

"But you might pay it with you life little lady."

"Then I'm willing good sire"

The mercenary just heaved a sigh before reluctantly letting the little lady go.

The other youth disciple who witnessed the scene with Ethel scoff haughtily.

"Hmppp, she's overestimating herself"

"What a attention seeker bitch."

"Let's just see if she can come back alive"

"No need to dwell with that, for sure that weak peasant will die."

"And will be eaten by those wild beasts hahaha"

"Good riddance in advance for her then"

"Her heroic stunt will lead her to nowhere"

"What an idiot!"

While the youths condemned Ethel, the old practitioner's actually admired Ethel's courage.

This spoiled disciple's don't know what it means to sacrifices for others sake. This old people have their own brothers in arms and they treat each other as a family, willing to lay their lives to ensure everyone's safety.

The old practitioner's just shook his head in disappointment. This empires future generations are all rotten to the core.

They all think too highly of themselves without knowing how high the sky is.

The youth's hearts was dripping in jealousy, because they all know that they can't be that brave and bring themselves to enter the forest.

That's why they're pouring Ethel with dirty waters just to justify their cowardice and wounded egos.

Ethel didn't mind the hub hubs and embark with her journey.

Aside from finding good herbs she also need to train her body.

This world of magic is dangerous if you're weak you will surely be trampled!

That's why she needs to strengthen the House of Soleil to back her up in the future!

And she will start by healing her uncle and strengthening her grandfather.

Her family is the pillar of the House of the Soleil, in order to rise to the peak of the pyramid of power they need to be prepared to counter the imperial family!

***

Sorry for the long wait here is the update.