5. Contractual Spirit

Ethel was lying and recuperating inside her room.

She found that this strange world was called Finsternis it has four continents which is North, South, West and East. Casa Empire is one of the empire in East. In this world, the weak was preyed while the strong remained at the peak.

Kung mahina ka wala kang lugar sa mundong ito. It's always the rule of the jungle, if you want to survive you need to become omnipotent, only when you're strong you can protect your family and pears.

Ethel sigh and sat cross-legged. There's another thing that's bothering her, it's the contractual spirit, his grandfather was talking about.

Supposedly at the age of thirteen a ring would appear on a mage's finger a sign of a contractual spirit. Pero walang nangyari noong tumuntong sa naturang edad si Ethel, but her grandfather never lose hope baka daw late bloomer lang siya may kaso rin naman kasing ganoon.

But still nothing happened, Ethel was devastated, to sum it up she heard that the second prince was getting cozy to a foreign woman from different empire.

She was jealous and it almost drive her mad, kaya nang pinadalhan siya ng prinsipe ng sulat saying that he wants to meet her, Ethel didn't doubt it and arrived at the agreed place.

Akala niya ico-comfort siya nito at itatanggi ang mga sabi-sabi tungkol sa totoong relasyon nito sa babaeng palaging kasama nito.

But how stupid of her to fall for their trap, nang dumating siya sa lugar pinalibutan siya ng mga lalaking nakasuot ng itim na halatang binayarang mga assassin.

Ethel was spoiled all her life and she doesn't know how to defend herself, hindi rin niya kayang gumamit ng mahika. She was alone and on a brink of death's door.

Kaya nang makita niya ang ikalawang prinsipe para siyang nakakita ng tagapagligtas but her dreams were shattered nang ito pa mismo ang humiwa sa kanya.

And that's the time where she realized what is happening. The first man she loves and trust actually betrayed her, ito ang may pakana sa pagtatangkang pagpaslang sa kanya, he wants her dead.

And the most ironic is, she fell for it. Dahil sa sakit at galit na naramdaman niya, instead of dying in the hands of the person she once loved mas pinili niyang magpatihulog sa bangin.

And that's how the original host died. Tragic and sorrowful.

Parehas sila ng dahilan ng pagkamatay ni Heather sa past life niya. But it doesn't matter anymore, ngayon na siya ang nagmamay-ari sa katawang ito she will not anyone trample her.

She have a massive mental capacity at  kaya niyang utusan ang mga bagay o tao gamit lang ang kanyang utak.

Ethel focus her mind to the things around the room as she imagined them to float.

Napangiti naman siya ng makita ang mga bagay na kasalukyang lumulutang. Mabuti na lang at hindi nawala ang ability niya kahit napunta siya sa mundong ito, ibinaba niya ang mga gamit at umupo sa harap ng vanity table.

She need to sort things out.

May kakaibang kakayahan ang mga tao sa mundong ito, people who could absorb energy is called spiritists.

People spite the original host because of her arrogance, if not for the fact that she's Duke Soleil's granddaughter she's sure that the former would be assassinated whenever she goes out.

She needs to take things slowly.

And about the contractual spirit, she will do a research about it to fully make sure if this body doesn't really have one.

Ethel shook her head and walk towards her bed. Narinig niya kanina na pupunta rito ang second prince. Si Nathan Drew Crestwood. Ang ikalawang prinsipe ng Casa Empire at ang fiance ng katawang ito.

'Tomorrow is the start of my plan. Let's see what you have in your sleeves second prince'

***

Deep in the night, a small shadow appeared on Ethel's chest.

"Mistress, I know you'll be back"

A smile made way on his cute face as he stared at the bright moon.

Everything will change from then on.