Chapter 5

The dinner party went very well, even though Maruca and Marella were on their phones the whole time, and Jensi was basically half dead after capture the flag.

It was finally the day of the moon festival, and Sophie was about to head over for the celebration.

Grady and Edaline were already at Foxfire. They left early to set up a station that sold their family recipe, mallowmelt. It was a delicious cake that involved chocolate and caramel drizzle.

Sophie decided to wear a purple dress with teal accents, and silver moon earrings. She wore silver eyeliner and purple lipstick. She went with purple high heels for her shoes. Apparently it was tradition to wear, purple or blue to the festival. Sophie also wore her hair like she did to the dinner party at the Vackers.

Luckily Keefe was taking her, Fitz, and Biana to the festival. Keefe would be picking her up at 4.

Sophie heard a car honking, and saw Keefe in the drivers seat with Biana and Fitz in the backseat. She grabbed her purse and headed out the door. She locked the door, and walked up to Keefe's car. His sunrise colored exotic convertible, sparkled with a fresh coat of wax.

"Foster, let's go we've got a festival to be at," Keefe let the engine roar.

Sophie hopped in next to him. Keefe was wearing a black sweater over a white polo shirt, with a purple tie, and black plants. Fitz was wearing the same thing, but with a light blue tie. Biana was wearing a frilly lavender dress, with silver tips, and her hair cascaded down her shoulders with grace.

"So, what should we do, when we get there?" Keefe asked.

"You guys tell me, this is my first time," Sophie looked at them with interest.

"We certainly aren't going to do what we did last year," Biana shuddered.

"What happened last year?" Sophie asked.

"Let's just say, there was a lot more pigs than needed that night," Fitz looked at his shoes.

Keefe let out a happy sigh.

"Well, this year I promised Biana I wouldn't do anything crazy," Keefe promised.

"Yeah, because last year a pig rammed me into the starkflower stew table," Biana emphasized.

"You were fine," Keefe rolled his eyes.

"Um, about a hundred gallons of hot soup poured over onto me, I had to ride a pig like a log down a stream through the soup so that I didn't burn myself," Biana retorted.

"What's starkflower stew?" Sophie asked.

"It's a delicious stew made with all kinds of herbs, made by a sweet old lady named Calla," Keefe explained, "I believe her grandniece Flori is a sophomore here."

"Isn't Flori one of the hippy kids?" Biana asked.

"Yeah, she's in our art class I think," Keefe remarked.

"For her mystery project, she painted nightshades," Fitz commented.

"So?" Sophie asked.

"Point taken," Fitz replied.

They kept on talking about the festivities, and before they knew it, Keefe was parking.

"Thank god they reserve a spot for the lead singer," Keefe let out a relived sigh.

"Lead singer?" Sophie asked, getting out of the car.

"You didn't know? I am the school's lead singer for a performance we do every year for the festival, last year Wylie got to sing Rewrite the Stars," Keefe explained as he locked his car.