Mr President

The will to live will always outweigh the ability to die.

Just three days after getting married, Rina and Al flew from San Diego to Washington, DC, at 5 AM to go to The White House. Czarina would meet the President and Vice President before flying to the United Kingdom a few days later. Rina's heart hammered in her chest as they stepped off the private jet in DC, and reality set in that she was meeting the President. Meeting foreign dignitaries and world leaders would become a way of life for the Tsar. The marked SUVs drove from the airport to the Russian Ambassador's residence, close to the White House and the consulate.

"Wow, Washington DC is beautiful," Rina commented, admiring this capital.

"It's beautiful during the spring" Alyosha smiled through the mirror.

"We'll have to make sure to be here sometime for that" she nodded.

"How long do we have until our meeting, Gigi?" AP asked, knowing Rina would want time to get ready after a long flight.

"A couple of hours" Gavriila smiled.

"Al, what's security look like while we're here?"

"Six guards per person, Sir. I also received word from the President's staff that you're welcome to bring KE to the White House" Alyosha nodded.

"Meet the President?" Kaleo whispered in surprise.

"You'll get to meet a lot of cool people while you're with us" Rina smiled at her stepson.

"Cool," he whispered in amazement.

When they finally arrived at their temporary residence, Czarina quickly ran to take a shower and get ready. AP followed suit, getting himself and KE changed into clothes appropriate for the White House during the winter. Alaric pulled Kaleo's hair back into a slicked ponytail, and the boys matched in black slacks and button-ups. When Rina came out in a rush to make sure they were early, her hair was twisted into a curled hairstyle that showed off her bone structure.

"Alright, let's go" Rina smiled nervously, getting a nod from security

"You look pretty" Kaleo smiled.

"Thank you, KE," Rina beamed, "You look like your dad."

"Really?" Kaleo exclaimed excitedly.

"Yeah, you do," she smiled, putting his thick winter coat on KE.

"Thank you," he smiled shyly as they walked back out to the SUV.

The White House