Your Majesty

Trust that there's a better yes down the road when the answer is no.

"Her Majesty Tsar Czarina Alena Stepanov, husband Major Alaric Mackay, and their son Kaleo" the page announced as Czarina entered the library.

"Oh, you're younger than I imagined" Queen Elizabeth smiled.

"Your Majesty, it's an honor to meet you" Czarina bowed respectfully.

"It's an honor to meet you," Elizabeth nodded, "Your file paints quite the picture of an amazing woman. You're going to be a wonderful ruler. I bet you get more done in your first few years as Tsar than I have in my entire reign."

"Oh, Your Majesty," Czarina blushed, "If I am half the ruler you have been, I will be proud of myself."

"Oh hush now," the queen waved dismissively, "Let's have some tea. I want to get to know you outside of a file. I am an old woman, after all."

"96 is an impressive age, Madam" Rina smiled as they followed into a beautiful private office hidden within the massive library.

"I'm not much older than your father's parents," Elizabeth smiled, "And you two just got married, correct?"

"Yes, ma'am. We've been married for about a week," Rina blushed.

"Prince Kaleo, are you enjoying your trip?" the queen asked, looking down at the young boy.

"I can talk?" Kaleo whispered.

"Oh, My Dear Boy, of course, you guys can talk!" Elizabeth smiled warmly.

"It's been really cool!" Kaleo exclaimed excitedly.

The three adults chuckled at Kaleo's response as one of the staff walked in with tea and snacks. The group chatted for an hour about what Queen Elizabeth had accomplished in her reign and what she wished she had done. She gave Czarina advice on how to approach this world as a political leader, especially with Russia's history on the world stage. As Queen Elizabeth stood up Czarina and the boys did as well, signaling the end of their meeting.

"It was a pleasure meeting you, and I look forward to renewing the relationship between our two countries" Czarina smiled as the queen reached a hand out to her

"I agree, and I hope to be able to make it to your coronation" Queen Elizabeth grinned as Czarina shook her hand.

"Goodbye Queen Elizabeth!" Kaleo called as they walked out.

"Goodbye Prince Kaleo" she called back.

Ukraine, Three Days Later