Becoming a Czar

Refresh and restore yourself.

"Citizens of Russia, Parliament, military personnel, and everyone in the world watching this address, the first thing I want to say is I am sorry." Rina started sending a murmur of surprise through those physically present. "I apologize for the atrocities of previous evil rulers on Russian citizens and the world. I apologize for the leaders that preceded me who chose to ignore our people dying in the brutal winters instead of sharing the wealth of resources. Who waged war on innocent people. And I apologize for the magnitude of damage to our planet that this country has done to this earth. We have a lot of work to do, but I will be there by your side doing the work as well. I promise to be a transparent ruler and someone you can trust to do the right thing for this country."

A roar of applause ripped through the crowd outside of the Kremlin as Rina nodded before taking a small step back. This was Czarina's first address; the next would be after her official coronation tomorrow from Kolomenskoye, the new royal palace. They had let Kaleo choose their new home, and he thought it looked like a place from a storybook. KE's choice was perfect for Rina. She felt his idea of living in a fantasy palace was the coolest thing ever, especially when she saw one of the churches. It looked plucked straight out of a fantasy elven city.

"You did amazingly," Gigi smiled as Rina left the podium

"I've never had to give an entire speech in Russian before," Rina smiled nervously.

"It flowed perfectly, Ma'am," Grisha praised as Kaleo and Alaric approached them.

"What I could understand sounded amazing, Honey" Alaric smiled, unsure if it was appropriate to kiss his wife at a political event.

"I don't care about the appropriate thing to do as royals at events like this." Rina spoke, noticing Al's hesitation, "Now, can I please have a kiss from my husband before I pass out from anxiety."

"Yes, Ma'am" AP smiled and kissed her over Kaleo's head.

"I'm hungry," KE whined.

"I think there is a surprise waiting for you, My Little Prince, in the SUV," Alyosha spoke, signaling it was time to leave.

As the family climbed into their SUV, Kaleo found a McDonald's kids' meal in his booster seat. Rina pulled out her phone and recorded Kaleo dancing joyfully as he spotted the food in his seat. Alyosha chuckled as he picked KE up and the food simultaneously so he could buckle Kaleo in.