Missing

Self-acceptance is key. 

"Don't tell me to sit back and relax!" Alaric yelled at the head of the Secret Service, "My PREGNANT wife, and the ruler of an ENTIRE country is missing!"

"Major Mackay-" Agent Greg began.

"I will beat the fucking shit out of you if you tell me to calm down!" Alaric growled, "Czarina was kidnapped out of a secure location under your watch! If a single hair is out of place when we find her I'll make fucking sure that this is your last day as a Secret Service Agent. If you've forgotten I am a Major in the United States Marines AND the King Consort of Russia."

"Your Majesty, don't you want to be here with your son?" Agent Perez with the FBI asked trying to be cautious.

"His mom and step-mom are here. Don't bench me when I know better than anyone in the United States government who my wife's enemies really are" Alaric replied glancing behind him at Kaleo and Iris. 

"Give him a vest and a badge, Agent Perez" Vice President Harris spoke walking into the hotel room the family was staying in while in New York for Iris and Jai's wedding.

"Yes, Madam Vice President" she nodded walking out of the room to make a call. 

"How are you, Alaric? Did I hear right that KE was with Czarina?" Kamala asked putting a comforting hand on his shoulder. 

"Rina took KE with her to an ultrasound so that he could see the baby. She's five months pregnant, they were going to find out the sex of the baby together and surprise me," Alaric sighed, "We're in the States I didn't think they would need more than one guard each. I should have been with them."

"Why weren't you?" she asked curiously. 

"I was doing some behind-the-scenes deal-making for Rina regarding the rebuild of Ukraine" he sighed again. 

"I want Elske" KE sniffed. 

"I know baby," Iris soothed her son, "She'll be okay. Your daddy's gonna find her." 

"They better not hurt my brother or Elske" KE growled, reminding Iris of Alaric. 

"Brother?" Alaric asked, hearing what his son said. 

"She's having a boy" he whispered, realizing he'd ruined the surprise. 

"I promise you, I will find Rina and the baby," Alaric soothed, kneeling in front of his son, "No one will hurt her or your growing baby brother if I have anything to do with it." 

Just outside the city

"You made a big mistake taking me" Rina growled as blood trickled down from a cut on her lip

"You're pregnant, what the fuck are you going to do?" the guy growled back, ready to punch her in the face again. 

"What the fuck are you doing?" a new voice yelled walking into the windowless room. 

"She was getting lippy!" the first guy argued.