Snowed In

You are the love that came without warning; you had my heart before I could say no. 

"Now THIS dress is you!" Alaric beamed as Rina came out in her reception dress and crown. 

"The silk is so much warmer than the other dress, and I love that the sleeves are beaded" Rina smiled as Spencer secured her circlet to Rina's hair. 

"Rina, you look amazing" Faye smiled coming into her best friend's room. 

"Oh, I'm so glad you guys could make it! Where's Galene?" Rina asked noticing one of her friends was absent. 

"At a dive near Egypt" Faye sighed. 

"We're lucky she was even in town for my wedding." Rina sighed, "But that's not my concern anymore. I have a country to run, and guests to entertain." 

"She did this the last few times things started going good for Rina" Faye whispered to Alaric after Rina had walked out. 

"I know it's a big ask, but would you and Tritan be willing to move here? I can get him a job with security and I know Rina could use your help" Al asked. 

"Our sons are best friends, AP. And T, introduced you to Rina. That's not a big ask, it's a no-brainer" Faye smiled. 

"Thank you. It makes me feel so much better knowing that she has someone we know and trust" Alaric grinned.

"What are you two whispering about?" Rina asked from the end of the hall. 

"Me asking your husband if me and the boys could move here with you guys" Faye fibbed, so that Rina wouldn't be upset with Al for asking her. 

"You better have said yes" Rina smiled as they reached the doors to the ballroom. 

"Of course I did" Alaric grinned, kissing Czarina's cheek. 

"Ladies and Gentleman, may I please introduce Queen Czarina, her husband Alaric, and Lady Faye" the Herald called as the doors opened, and the music quieted. 

"Ladies and Gentleman, before I step outside on that balcony to make my first official address to the citizens of Russia, I want to thank all of you that were able to make it here today. Today is a chance for all of our countries to get to know one another and to create relationships that haven't been able to exist before. Enjoy the Happy Hour, and the party will begin soon" Rina smiled walking through the crowd towards the balcony. 

After another ten minute speech Rina finally came back into party, happy to get out of the snow. Based on how heavy the snow was coming down there was a chance a snow storm was coming in and a lot of people were going to be stuck in the palace. Rina quietly pulled one of her guards aside to have the bedrooms readied for their guests. There were about seventy people in attendance including the Stepanov-Mackay families, which meant the chef was going to have their hands full over the next few days.