June 2012

Y/N's POV

Hi, I'm Y/N-Marie Leilani Ivy Hansen Amasio. Yes one of Dinah Jane Hansen' s 6 siblings. Dinah and I have always been close. She named me, helped me take my first steps, and kept me from getting in trouble. Our mom would always say we're the closest out of our fairly large family, and we wouldn't disagree. Right now I'm sitting with my older sister on the beach, watching the pink sunset. Today was the last day of school and I plan for Summer break to be awesome. We have always had moments like this, and they were nice. Nothing to distract us, just the waves crashing against the shore and the sand beneath our feet.

"Angel?" The 14 year old pulled me out of my thoughts with the nickname she gave me when I was extremely young.

" 'Io tokoua? (Yes, sister)" I questioned in Tongan looking up at my sibling.

"Remember that I love you no matter what?" She said in a whisper. It sounded like more of a question.

"Of course." I nodded and she smiled, kissing my forehead. She's scaring me at this point.

"Good." She got up, and held out her hand to help me up. I gladly took it and shook off the sand from my clothes. "First one to the house gets shotgun!" She yelled out of nowhere laughing before she took off.

I giggled and ran full speed behind my sister. I passed her a block before the house. I sat on the porch, waiting for her to come into view. A few seconds later a pouting Dinah walked up the sidewalk. I smiled at my sister's childish behavior.

"Shotgun huh?" I asked holding back my laugh.

"You could've let me win." She mumbled looking away.

"Love ya." I kissed Dinah's cheek.

"Love you too, annoying." We walked inside the house and headed for the kitchen. Dinah was close behind with Regina in her arms.

"Do you need any help with dinner, mom?" Dinah and I questioned at the same time. We discreetly high-fived.

"No thanks kiddos." Mom smiled.

"Uh uh you can set the table!" Our Aunt Leilani called before we left.

"Yes ma'am!" Dinah and I saluted before picking up the silverware. We set the large table and waited in our usual seats.

"Dinner is ready, better come get your food." Aunt Leilani called out. Our 23 cousins, aunts, uncles, sisters, brothers, and parents came to the table and prayed. I sat between Naki and Malie. Dinah sat across from me between Vaka and Regina.

After dinner we sat down and had a mini singing session. I played the guitar, mom played the piano, and Dinah sang.

Dinah chose to sing Halo by Beyoncé. I smiled at my sister's love for the pop singer. I was more of a Nicki Minaj girl.

My mom and I played the opening notes before Dinah's voice filled the room.

Remember those walls I built
Well, baby, they're tumbling down
And they didn't even put up a fight
They didn't even make a sound
I found a way to let you win
But I never really had a doubt
Standing in the light of your halo
I got my angel now

She looked at me when she said angel. I smiled and looked at our family, everything seemed perfect.

It's like I've been awakened
Every rule I had you break it
It's the risk that I'm taking
I ain't never gonna shut you out
Everywhere I'm looking now
I'm surrounded by your embrace
Baby, I can see your halo
You know you're my saving grace
You're everything I need and more
It's written all over your face
Baby, I can feel your halo
Pray it won't fade away