Chapter 13- His mom

Y'all will not let me quit this book in peace 😭. I hit 5k reads which is crazyyyyy and it motivated me to write a new chapter. I think I just realized how cringe my story is. Like the blondie chapter. I realize how overused it is to shame other women in gay books. I have grown as a reader but I'm not sure if I have as a writer. I am using a lot of clichés but I'm gonna let this book be that. Just this one and maybe if I write another one. It would be more. On that note. Enjoy!

"I acted like it wasn't a big deal, when it was really breaking my heart"- unknown

Mason's POV

"We have been busy" Callum said, catching me off guard. There is something about hear his voice again after a while that stirred me slightly more than his puppy boss.

"Busy with?..." I replied expecting them to continue.

"Why do you care?" Cole said, his eyes narrowing slightly as though he had suspected me of knowing something. I raised an eyebrow at him, trying to show him how unamused and disinterested I supposedly was. He didn't have to know about how the curiosity was particularly consuming me from within. I had an idea what they have been "busy" doing, after all it is close to around the time of the year it happen. It being his mom dying.

"Where did you come from?" He suddenly inquired. No doubtably the question caught me off guard. We had gone over this. I am from-

"A small city" I responded.

"Yes but what city" Cole seemed to be getting impatient with me, I couldn't blame him.

"Uh" I looked around and spotted a flower in one of the vases. "Fl-." Then the color that seemed to engulfed the entire cafe. "Pink"

"Fl-pink?" He repeated, making it sound about as believable as I sound.

"No Flink" I corrected him.

"Flink" He repeated after me. Now I know how stupid "Flink" sounds but that was the first thing that came to mind, I don't think I am very good at lying.

"I have to get back to work now" I rushed out, attempting to make what I thought was a swift exit.

"Stop" Callum spoke?. Suddenly I was paralyzed.

"Let's visit Flink"

"I can't" I replied maybe a bit too quickly.

"Why not?"

"I moved for a reason" I attempted to sound sad and a little detached. "Too much...trauma"

"Did your old pack hurt you" Cole asked, his expression softened slightly, it was barely noticeable.

"No, I don't want to talk about it"

How do you explain to someone that you are a reincarnation of their father's best friend but not just that you also watched their mother get killed by your old mate?. That's right. You don't. I usually like to avoid that part of my conversations. I'll tell him when the time is right. Now is not the time, especially with pink decorating every wall.

Cole's POV

He knows something, only a fool wouldn't be able to realize he's hiding something. He's lucky he is cute.

"What are you doing after work" I asked, changing the topic for him.

"I am going home?"  He replied with a bit too much attitude.

"Come to my place" He seemed cut off guard. Good.

"With all due disrespect, absolutely not"

" C'mon, Callum is more fun to tease privately"

"WHAT THE FUCK?!" I think that is the loudest I have ever heard Callum. He could get louder though. He will get louder.

"Fine then" I grinned. Satisfied with his answer.

"I am right HERE" He looked between the both of us as though we had lost our minds.

——————————❤️——-——————

Short chapter. Just to get me back in the feel for what was going on. The characters personalities might change because I haven't touched it in a while. I'm sorry if you were hooked. I'll try to do better.

I love you. Drink lots of water

-Tibs