Repeating Rose

So I decided I wanted to have Mika see his father during the Gulf war but didn't really want to do anything specifically I wanted to do or say because I know nothing historically so, in the end, it because Mostly a doctor who based Chapter.

The Doctor didn't tell Mika about the exchange he had with his mother hoping that is something that would have come later in his own life "So where next?"

"Can we go to Kuwait during the gulf war?" Mika said, surprising himself somewhat he was following himself but he just felt he needed to see how his dad was during that period. He was worried that he might see something he regretted but He was safe in the embassy, right?

The doctor looked at him surprised "This just a field trip or does it relate to your life" he asked he knew it was a personal question but he was worried about why someone would want to see that.

"My dad was there during it"

"He didn't die cause him not a miracle worker I can't bring people back"

No, He's still alive, I just want to see him during that time.

"You have to promise not to change anything, cause I can't be dealing with reapers or anything."

"Reaper?" Mika asked tilting his head.

"Big Scary flying alien feeds on correcting time mistakes, I had a friend Rose who wanted to save her dead it just hurt more people and created more issues So That can't happen."

"What happened to your friend," Mika asked having not noticed any other people on this ship, plus asking one personal question didn't seem like an issue especially since the doctor was going through his life.

"She traveled with me for a while but my life can get hectic. She got too close" The Doctor says with a small frown.Mika could tell the doctor seemed quite fond of her. "She ended up getting stuck in a parallel world surprising with a version of her dad, her mother went with her too they are living a life together happy I'm sure"

Mika nodded and wondered if the doctor still had feelings for this woman but either way he seemed fond of her memory "Parallel world?" Mika questioned interested.

"So Imagine a universe but a whole different universe next to it that's only had the slightest change for example There could be a universe where you never made music or you had a kid

"How do you know I Don't?"

"If you did I doubt you'd be traveling with me and leaving them" The Doctor shrugged.

Mika Nodded not questioning it, "So I guess It's like a song, You could change one lyric and it's a completely different song but it still started the same" Mika explained in terms he understood

"I guess In a way, But not really but if that helps you sleep then we'll go with it" The Doctor agreed unsure he understood but went with it not wanting to explode Mika's brain.

"Anyway, I'm not going to change anything with my dad. I don't want to change anything. I could make it worse and lose him completely. I understand the risk. Mika added.

Once they arrived Mika headed to the embassy making sure he stayed hidden. He didn't even want to interact with his father; he just knew so little and wanted to see some of it himself and know that he was missed just as much as he was as a kid waiting for any news from him.