Chapter 2

(Dipper pov)

"Mable?" She looks up at me and I see tears in her eyes before she runs over to me, hugging me tightly. I am in so much shock at seeing her after all these years that I don't know what to do.

She brings me over to a table and we sit down across from each other. "What are you doing here? Last I heard, you moved to Oregon."

"I did. I'm living with our great uncles, Stanley and Standford. Stan and Ford for short. But I wanted to see you."

"Then why didn't you visit me over the last 7 years? No one ever visited, no one ever called or wrote a single letter. I sent hundreds of letters but no one ever answered me back."

"Dipper, I never got a single letter. Maybe they got lost?"

"Or our good for nothing parents never gave them to you."

"Dipper-"

"If the doctors here knew I was sending letters they would have stopped me. I made sure to send the letters out in secret. Our parents just wanted fucking nothing to do with me the minute I got locked in this hell."

"Dipper, I know that you're right."

"You believe me?"

"When I was 17, I saw mom with a letter. I had asked her if any mail came in. She just hid it behind her back and said nothing had come by. And the only reason I never came was because they wouldn't let me. They told everyone at home that you died in an accident. Even Stan and Ford thought you had died."

"Of course having a dead child is better then one who tested to be insane."

"Then when I was 18, I moved out but they refused to tell me where you got sent. I didn't know if you got sent to an out of state institute or what had happened to you. So I moved in with Stan and Ford. I looked up where you would have been sent and then I spent a year getting all the correct paperwork filled out so I could come see you. I miss you, bro-bro. I miss my little brother." She holds my hand and the old nickname makes me smile slightly.

"You're only older then me by like 5 whole minutes."

"Doesn't matter, I'm still the alpha twin." This makes us both laugh lightly.

"What happened to your braces?"

"I got those taken off a long time ago. My teeth are all straight now. I mean I still have to wear a retainer at night but otherwise they are perfectly straight."

"What's with all the bracelets you wear now?"

"One of my best friends, Candy, is an expert at making these bracelets. When you get out of here, you have got to meet her. We can have a huge party for you to meet everyone. It will be so much fun."

"Mable, they plan to keep me here forever. No one is willing to admit that they are wrong about these tests being perfect. No one is willing to say that they have no idea how it works. So to hide their mistakes, they keep people like me locked up in here for good so no one will believe anything we have to say and if a crazy person that tested sane does something out there, then they just pay off the families."

"I will do everything that I possibly can to help get you the hell out of here. I promise."

...........................................

The orderly takes me back to my room, handing me a pill and a glass of water. Every night they give us a sedative. If we refuse the pill, they instead give us an injection.

Don't take the pills

I up at the orderly. "Did you say something?"

"No. Just take the damn meds kid."

I look at the pill, all of a sudden having the feeling that these are doing more harm then good. I pretend to take it and drink down some water but I actually keep the pill hidden in my hand.

After making sure I'm not hiding it under my tongue he leaves, the door locking behind him and the lights switching off leaving me in pitch black darkness.

I put the pill in my pocket before laying down on the uncomfortable mattress. I know that I don't need the meds they gave me but I never thought that they had any negative effects on me since I wasn't insane.

I close my eyes willing for sleep to come.

.........................................

Opening my eyes I see darkness everywhere around me. It isn't scary or anything, it's familiar and there is a vague sense of comfort from it. I've been in this darkness before.

"It's good to see you again."

Turning around I see him again, the same man that I had seen when I took the test all those years ago. Angrily hit him on the chest but he doesn't really react. "You fucking jerk! How the hell could you just leave me in this dump for 7 years!"

"I didn't want to. I tried and tried to see you here again every single night. But the drugs they give you wouldn't let me. It took all my energy to reach out to you and warn you to not take those meds anymore."

"Are you real? Or am I really going crazy to keep seeing you in dreams like this?"

He holds my face in his hands making me look at him. "I promise you, that I am real. I know that this place sucks-"

"You have no fucking idea how much it sucks."

"But I am going to get you the fuck out of there and soon. I promise. I just need more time."

"I feel like the longer I am here the closer I am to becoming crazy."

"I know. But it won't be for long. I promise."

"You have no idea what it's like here." I push his hands off of me, walking a short distance away crossing my arms over my chest. "All the doctors think I'm crazy they don't care about anything I have to say. To them, I am just insane simply because a faulty machine says so. My only friend here is a kid who murdered his pedophile father."

"And the new nurse? Annie? I thought she was nice."

"She is. And she means well. But I know how things work around here. There isn't anything she can do to change how things work. No matter what she tries everything will be the same."

I feel him wrap his arms around me from behind and softly kiss the back of my head. "Don't worry. I will get you out of here even if it cost me my life."