Chapter 17

The image of a large masked man holding Danni while his companion, a thing that could only be Voldemort, fired curses at the front of the school froze the trio. It was only Donna nudging Hermione that got her thinking again, "Oh sorry Donna, zoned out there." Inside she was screaming to her bond mates, 'We need to get people out the school! Any ideas and we need them quick?'

There were no replies but the piercing sound of the fire alarm demanded everyone's attention, and told Hermione that Harry had taken action. As their teacher was herding them out the class toward the fire assembly point, thankfully at the rear of the school, the Potters quietly slipped away into a toilet.

Hermione was in tears, "How did they get their hands on Danni, what's happened to mum?"

As Harry attempted to offer Hermione some comfort, Luna called for help, Cas immediately appeared in her human form.

"Cas, Danni has been abducted and will very shortly be brought here. We need you to find Emma as quick as you can and give her all the help she needs."

Cas so wanted to stay and protect her children but she had been given a direct order and Emma was family too.

A quick hug that encompassed all four and Cas was off, the trio rapidly made their way along the now deserted corridors. With Cas dispatched to help her mother, Hermione tried to pull herself together. Her sister and bond mates needed her now.

-oOoOo-

Cas knew Emma's routine well, she would have dropped the three off at school then headed to Bristol for a therapeutic day of shopping with Danni. This was Emma's time in the muggle world and Cas had on occasion accompanied her. A quick scan with her eyes showed everything looking normal with no disturbance whatsoever, apparently Danni's abduction hadn't been discovered yet. That worried Cas more than she could say.

Rapidly making her way along Emma's favourite shops, Cas was both delighted and dismayed to spot Emma walking aimlessly though apparently unharmed through the store. Cas surmised that she must have been doing this for some time as the store security man was keeping a very close eye on her, probably thought she was a shoplifter or something.

Cas took Emma gently by the arm and quickly led her outside, as soon as she got her into a blind spot of a delivery entrance, Cas transported both of them back to the manor. It was easy to lift the confundus charm that had been placed on Emma and the elf's decision to wait until they got home was instantly vindicated, Emma started screaming and sobbing.

"He took Danni! I just stood there as he wheeled the buggy with her in it away. Part of me was screaming to rip the bastards head off but I just stood there and did nothing. Oh Cas, what's happening?"

Cas was struggling to believe Emma got off with just a Confundus charm, she expected to find a dead body. Obviously taking Danni from a very public place had affected the severity of the curse they chose to use. "It would appear you were hit with a charm that confused you so they could simply walk off with Danni. Luna says Voldemort has her and is coming to the school for them."

Sobs now racked Emma's body, "Go Cas, help them any way you can."

This was exactly what the little elf wanted to hear, she called for Dobby to assist their mistress before popping back to the school. By pure bad luck Maia and Sirius were out wedding shopping today, and Cas didn't have time to go searching for them. She had children that needed her.