-30-

Boats were racing across the sea at a rapid pace. The helicopter circling above the people below also didn't help their stress levels. Aether Paradise was approaching fast. Once they got within landing distance, bridges extended from the boats, giving the officers and others a way off the boats. The entrance to the facility remained peaceful, hardly anything close to a defense of the area.

"Entrance is secure, begin breach!" Jenny commanded.

A specialized team prepared to force the doors open, but once they got close enough, the doors automatically opened. The officers stood still, not knowing how to react. "Uh...we've breached the entrance?"

"Go!"

Everyone moved into the building, nearly filing in as much as the entrance allowed them to. Once inside, an army of people greeted them, waiting for a fight...but these weren't Aether employees. They had an equally sinister aura around them.

"You!" Gladion growled in anger. Guzma shook his head condescendingly. "It's ya boi~!" he answered back. Plumeria strutted to the front. "Not another step closer, ya hear?" she warned.

"Team Skull? Why are you here?" Jenny questioned. Guzma turned to look at the officer. "Lusamine told us to not let yous any closer to her machine."

"What's in it for you?!" Kiawe said, pushing to the front of the group of kids. "How much is she paying you?"

Guzma smirked. "We don't want her money. We want Gladion back," he answered. "If her gadget gets up an runnin', there's no point for him to be fightin' anymore. He'll just end up back with me, where he belongs, understand?"

"Never again..." Lillie and Moon whispered.

Gladion responded by hurling Null out of its ball. Flashes of light sparked everywhere. Team Skull's Pokémon faced a line of police Growlithe and the others' Pokémon. No one moved for a few seconds. Everyone seemed to be holding their breath. Finally, something broke it.

"We have no time! Follow the plan!" Jenny ordered.

Team Skull began to push forward as a response to Jenny's command. The Growlithe jumped to the front and stood side by side. A stream of Flamethrowers came from their mouths, aimed right at the charging Pokémon. Some grounded Pokémon like Zigzagoon and Salandit were pushed back by the flames, but a couple of Zubat got through.

It was the kids' turn to fight. Null and Pikachu jumped behind the Flamethrowers.

"Crush Claw!"

"Thunderbolt!"

The Pokémon answered the commands and unleashes their attacks on their opponents. A good amount of Team Skull Pokémon were caught in the attack, and Lana's Popplio began pushing the stunned Pokémon away with water moves.

Guzma and some of the grunts began to regroup. "First Impression!" he shouted at his Golisopod. The Pokémon began a charge at the group, and a group of Salandit began a series of Flame Bursts from behind.

"Tsareena!" Mallow called. The Pokémon jumped at Golisopod. Golisopod's attack suddenly faded as Tsareena made its presence known. "Queenly Majesty cancelled out Golisopod's priority attack, nice one!" Sophocles observed. "Now Togedemaru, Zing Zap!"

The small Pokémon glowed with electricity and shot itself at Golisopod. It made contact right with the Pokémon's stomach, and sent Golisopod flying backwards. The Flame Bursts from the Salandit finally hit their targets, and Tsareena and Togedemaru cried out after taking heavy damage.

A figure slithered out from the group of Salandit. Plumeria's Salazzle was now gearing up for an attack. "Flamethrower!"

The Pokémon fired at the group. Kiawe reacted first. "Counter it!"