Prelude 1

I am warning you that it may have a lot of typographical errors and grammatical errors. You may correct it on your own while reading it - correcting it in your mind. Thank you!

✴✴✴

Hi! I've decided to add an introduction to the story. So, I hope you'll read this one and it won't make you feel confused. I'll add a few chapters of introduction.

I used Prelude instead of Prologue.

Thank you! :)

*****

"Good morning! I'm Baek Ahyeon, living just two streets away from this university. I'm 17 years old. I hope to be good friends with everyone." She said and bowed to the class.

"Wow, so cool!" The students complimented. Ahyeon was the first one to introduce herself in front of the class because she was sitting in front.

Ahyeon was easily known by the whole department because she started to be active on different organizations and even inside the classroom. Always raising her hand to recite, Ahyeon was recognized fast by the teachers. Ahyeon became one of the popular students in the campus even when she started to be on programs, performing for the student body. She was known to have a beautiful voice that's why teachers always request her to sing for events.

She liked all the good comments she is receiving not until ... "Hi Ahyeon! Please accept my heart!" Boys started to confess their feelings to her.

Unfortunately, having a boyfriend or being in a serious relationship is not yet on her mind, especially when she knew what actually happened to her parents.

Her parents are living together, sleeping in one room, and working hard together to raise their children up. However, one woman that is ten years younger than her father ruined the good relationship.

***

"What? Now you're telling me it was my fault that we have a broken family?" Ahyeon's parents were quarreling inside the locked bed room, but their voices were loud enough for the people outside the room to hear it.

"And what? You'll throw back the blame on me once you're done having fun with your woman?"

Lucky enough, the parents have agreed to raise their children and watch them grow together until they have their own families. Mr. Baek left his woman and stayed with his family to make sure his children will grow well. But the marred couple were never able to bring back their trust and love for each other.

***

"I'm sorry but... having a relationship with people is really not in my mind yet. I am not interested with anbody so, I'm really sorry. I hope you'll find a better girl and give her the love she deserves." That's what Ahyeon always tell to the guys who asked her out.

One day...

"Omo! Who are they? They are new students, right?" One student asked another student.

"I guess they are the students that the dean has been talking about! These boys are exchange students from another school in the country." Another student said.

The seven handsome men walked through the open space and stopped at the place where there is a nearest student standing.

"Hi!" Jackson started.

"A-ah... H-hi! Hi!" the student nervously greeted back.

"Can we ask where the dean's office here is? As you can see, we are new students." Jackson explained.

"That's cool!" The female student exclaimed. Then she told them how to get to the dean's office.

They leave the students they are passing by in awe. All their eyes are fixated on the boys.

***

Ahyeon was called to the dean's office to talk about the coming singing contest that is going to be held inside the campus, where in students from different departments are going to compete against each other.

"Prepare yourself for the contest which is going to be held next month." The dean told Ahyeon.

"Next month? You mean, I am going to have only a month to practice?" Ahyeon asked.

"Yes. The original contestant from our department backed out and we had no choice, Ms. Baek. We hope you'll understand. We'll support you all the way. Everything you need will be provided by the school. You can use the music room in the school for practicing if you have nowhere to practice." The Dean added.

"Okay." Ahyeon sighed in despair. She cannot do anything against the will of the school and its faculty. Singing is her hobby but she haven't done it for already five years.

"Here's a compilation of songs you can choose from. You can choose a song that is not here, of course. But if it happened that you don't have any idea on what song to choose, this might help. Okay?" The dean said and handed the folder of papers of song lyrics to Ahyeon.

While heading out of the office, Ahyeon started browsing through the papers and tried to sing few lines from it.

"Da da da da. The smell of your skin lingers on me now. You're probably on your flight back to your home town" Ahyeon sang to the first few line of Fergie's Big Girls Don't Cry.

Meanwhile, the seven boys are already headed to the dean's office. Chatting loudly together, the boys could still manage to wave back to the people around them.

"I hope you know. I hope you know." Suddenly, they heard a voice of a woman, singing.

"Eh? I thought we enrolled to a non-music related program?" Youngjae asked. He likes to sing so much but they've decided to finish a college program that is not related to music and just pursue to music industry for a while after graduating.

"Relax, Youngjae. Maybe that student just likes to sing." Jinyoung said.

"But she is too good. Her voice is so beautiful." Mark said softly enough only for his friends to hear it and nobody else.

"Heyyy. It is so rare to hear Mark compliment people." Bambam said, making the others tease Mark.

"And he's even blushing!" Yugyeom added.

"Enough." Mark said with a serious expression on his face.

The female student continued to sing. "That this has nothing to do with you. It's personal, myself, and I..."

The boys continued to talk about the singing voice as they opened the door to the dean's office.

"Ouch!" Ahyeon calmly said, as she rubbed her forehead with her hand. The boys heard it, making them stop on their tracks.

"Oops!" they said in unison. The boys stared at her for a few minutes. Ahyeon lifted her eyes to the boys and noticed they were looking at her so she quickly bowed to them. "I'm sorry. I wasn't looking where I was headed to. I didn't know it was already the door in front of me."

"Were you the one who was singing?" Youngjae asked.

"Hm... Yes. Was it too loud?" She nervously asked, worrying she might have been singing so loud.

"No, and don't worry. It is fine if it was loud. You have a nice voice so we are not bothered." Bambam said, smiling at her.

"Thanks." Ahyeon said, shyly. "Ah! You are the new students?" she asked and the boys nodded. "Walk straight ahead and the dean's table is just right there." She said, pointing a direction with her hand.