Chapter 11

"You never knew how much we wanted to hurt you, Lee Hyeri. And now that more of us wants to do it, it will finally happen."

The past few days have been tough for hyeri, with the students around her making it hard for her. The students have been bullying her without letting the teachers knowing it.

Like what one of them said, "We'll be back so you have to be ready. We don't want to attack you when you are unaware. It is more fun to see you struggling when you know you have prepared for this."

They would be making the lines in the canteen long until the lunch time ends and with Hyeri unable to buy her food. Just like that, with her empty stomach, she spend her whole days in school.

They once all gave the class responsibilities to Hyeri. The teachers accepted Hyeri as the groups' leader since they knew the class will listen to her. But instead of actually helping her, they all ignored what she said.

One day, she brought a box of milk with her since she thought she might not get to buy food again. Resting while sitting on the floor, she comfortably stared at the sky as she drink her box of fresh milk.

She sighed heavily as she took a sip of the milk.

"You never imagined life could get tougher than you think, right?" Someone suddenly came, and spoke. Hyeri looked at the direction where the voice came from and saw Ahyeon. Then, she quickly drifted her look to another direction.

"I don't have any idea what you are thinking and feeling right now but... if you need someone to talk to, I'm just here. I can be a listener. Just tell me if you want me to keep quiet or act as if I was not here." Ahyeon added.

"Then I could just tell my thoughts to the wind if I would just think that no one's around even though you are right there." Hyeri said.

"Then she must really wanted a friend to talk to." Ahyeon thought.

"There is a huge difference in just a feeling of someone staying by your side and when there is really someone there for you. You'll feel better after you have told me everything and realized you did not just waste your saliva for talking to yourself, instead of realizing after talking for a long time to no one." Ahyeon said.

"Why should I trust you?" Hyeri asked.

"Because we've been classmates for a year? Also, schoolmates for almost three years now?" Ahyeon said, unsure of everything she said. "Come on. I gave an effort of coming up here and gathered all my courage to start my conversation with you." She said, quickly, and sighed.

"HAHAHA! Seriously? You really had to tell me those things?" Hyeri suddenly burst out, laughing.

In her surprise, Ahyeon just stared at Hyeri.

"Okay, fine. Maybe you're right. To be honest, I don't know what to feel right now that you are lending me your ears, but yes, I feel nervous."

Then Ahyeon helped Hyeri to get up and sit back against the wall before she took the space beside Hyeri and rested her back against the wall too.

"Where do I start?" Hyeri asked.

"Maybe tell me first what's bothering you right now. Then explain or tell me every single detail you want, little by little." Ahyeon suggested and Hyeri quickly agreed.

"So... everyone knew me as a bully, a hard-headed girl. Everyone is scared of me because of that. But I know none of them respects me. Why? I am not smart. They also think that they should not respect me since I don't respect them at all."

The she continued, "None of them ever wondered and dared to ask me why I am like this. Nobody was concerned that's why I never opened up with anybody." Suddenly, a water started to form on the corners of her eyes that she kept holding back.

"I have bullied one girl here, I am sure you know about that, the one who committed suicide because they said I bullied her so much. I don't get why they have to blame it all on me! We never knew what happens to that girl once she left the school. I never bullied anybody outside the school grounds. And that... that what happened to her... I am honestly feeling responsible of it even though I know I should not be."

Ahyeon looked at Hyeri who was just playing with a piece of pebble. "They did not know what was actually going on with her life."

Ahyeon asked her, "What do you mean?"

Hyeri sighed before continuing, "That student committed suicide not because of my wrong-doings. She killed herself for her own wrong-doings!" She exclaimed.

"I don't get it." Ahyeon uttered.

"You know, Baek Ahyeon, I did not know you talk a lot." Hyeri said.

"Oops, sorry! Now, you may continue." Ahyeon said and covered her mouth with her hand.

"Did you know why she committed suicide?" Hyeri asked and Ahyeon just shrugged her shoulders. "She had a one night stand with one of the students in the school." Hyeri said, flabbergasting Ahyeon. "That boy is now a senior student. He gets to graduate while that poor girl actually suffered."

"Do you know her name?" Ahyeon asked.

"Do Minhee. That's what I heard." Hyeri said.

"Do Minhee... Do Minhee... Do Minhee." Ahyeon repeated the girl's name on her head for several times. "AH! I know that girl! She is one of the students who auditioned for the glee club when we were freshmen! She... she was right next to me on the line!" Ahyeon said and scratched the back of her head, "But I think the guy could have been... ". Narrowing the opening of her eyes, she tried to remember the name of the guy who was with Do Minhee on that day of the audition.

*Flashback*

"Do Minhee, number 083, please come in." the person on the microphone said, calling the next applicant.

"Hwaiting, Minhee-ah! I know you can do it. I'll wait for you inside the next room, okay? Accepted applicants are asked to go there." The guy said.

"Thanks, oppa! I can do this." Minhee said. And together, they shouted "See you!"

*End of Flashback*

"Jung Chanhee. That's right! The glee club's current president!" Ahyeon exclaimed. "It was the audition for glee club when I first saw them. I thought she was so kind because she looked so sweet but... she actually scolded me for telling her that she's already next."

Hyeri suddenly laughed, "She scolded you for telling her she'll be next? That's ridiculous!"

"Well, it is true! I thought she was kind that I was so comfortable to approach her and tell him that."

"You really can't tell the person's personality by just looking at them." Hyeri said while shaking her head to the side, lightly.

——-

Hello! Happy birthday to GOT7's Bambam, our dear King of Fanservice <3

Anyway, thank you for the votes! :)

- lovingseoul