Chapter 1: Telling

What?

"You're what?!" Harry asked shocked.

Hermione inhaled and exhaled, closing her eyes, before opening them again, a lone tear falling onto her hand. "I'm p-p-pregnant, Harry."

He stood up and paced back and forth in front of her. "And I-I'm the fa-?"

She nodded before he finished. "Yes, you're the only one I've ever been with. Look, I understand if you want nothing to do with me or the bab-" She was cut off.

"No one's going to hurt you or the baby. I can promise you that," he said surprising her. "Although, now that Voldemort is now back into power, I don't know what to do. He going to go after the baby, I'm sure of it."

Hermione looked down. "What do we do? Are we going to give it away?" Tears formed in her eyes, afraid of letting her child go, but debating on letting it go to protect it.

He stopped pacing and looked at her. "No, of course not. The baby is our responsibility. We can take care of it. I know we can. And I'm never going to leave in this, I promise." He sat down next to her and wrapped an arm around her as she sobbed on his shoulder. "We're going to get through this. Everything's going to be fine." He kissed the top of her head.

"I'm just happy that you're not going to run away," she replied calming down a little.

He looked at her confused. "Why would I run away?"

Hermione wiped her tears off of her face with the back of her hand. "Well, usually males tend to run away when a girl tells them they're pregnant with their child, especially if they're as young as we are. They become scared and the girl ends up having to raise the baby by herself."

"Hermione, I would never do that to you. I would never leave you or the baby. Don't you ever think that." Hermione smiled and wrapped her arms around his neck in a hug, which he returned.

"Thank you, Harry. You're the sweetest guy ever."

When they parted, Harry asked, "Did you tell your parents? Obviously not because I talked to them last night and they seemed fine and not mad."

"No, I didn't. I wanted to tell you first. I'm kind of afraid to tell them," she said looking past him thoughtfully.

"We have to tell them and Sirius and Remus and Tonks. They'll help us. We can't be silent about this. We better tell them now, they'll find out sooner or later," he said.

"My parents are going to kill me," Hermione said sadly looking at the floor.

"Kill you?!" Harry asked her incredulously. "What about me?! What's going to happen to me when they find out I got their baby girl pregnant?!"

He and Hermione chuckled. After a comfortable silence, Harry spoke up, "We better go tell them now. Come on." He stood up and held out his hand. She looked at it for a moment, not believing that he was really going to stay and help her. He did not need the burden of a child on his shoulders now to add to the other burdens weighing him down. She took it and together they left hand in hand down the stairs to the sitting room, where Charlotte, Jacob, Remus, Sirius, and Tonks were sitting in chairs and on a couch, drinking coffee to wake them up and congregating pleasantly. They looked up as the two fourteen year olds entered the room. They were nervous and anxious, which the adults noticed.