Chapter 33 | A Table of Stone

As everyone scatters back to their posts, Drinian leaves Caspian on the main deck, heading up to take over the wheel

As everyone scatters back to their posts, Drinian leaves Caspian on the main deck, heading up to take over the wheel. Meanwhile, the king and the Crown Shield find each other in the dispersing crowd. Caspian watches Pittencream with slightly narrowed eyes as he retreats a few steps from Luna, backwards. As the sailor is out of earshot and turns away, Caspian appears next to her.

» He's out for trouble, « she mumbles, keeping her eyes glued to her opponent in the battle of words they just fought. It feels like they barely avoided it becoming violent.

» The mist? « Caspian waits for her to turn towards him. She does, weighing her head from side to side,

» Could be, but... just beware around him. « He gives a curt nod before they head over to the railing; both need a little time in each other's company to relax.

~

» Land ho! « The cry from the crow's nest alerts everyone. Bustling activity breaks out, only increasing as they spot the Blue Star just above the sighted island.

» Finally! « Eustace comments, relieved to set foot on land again – the storm didn't hit him as hard as the last, he likes to tell himself and others, however, his stomach still feels a little funny. Lucy and Edmund smile at their cousin; Reep tries to hide a smirk at the thought of the bucket. As Drinian starts to bark orders on how to approach the isle, Caspian and Edmund join him up on the quarterdeck to overlook things.

» What do ya think we'll find there? « Elrik secures a tow. Luna leans against the railing, watching the spot on the horizon.

» Treasure, dragons, creatures beyond imagining... « She laughs as he starts to describe a beast, he has always been a storyteller.

» There's one with fangs and claws like spears, and a tail that could sweep houses away, « Elrik holds his hands up to his mouth, miming the long teeth he is describing,

» Every night when tide rises, it leaves its den to drink the moonlight from the water's surface. « He makes a slurping sound. Luna grins,

» Those fangs sure make that laborious. «

» Nay, if the beast drinks too much, there'd be little light left for the world, « the sailor laughs heartily, stretching his arms with the last part of his sentence. His laugh is infectious, so Luna joins in.

» And how may this for a hundred percent real beast be called? « Elrik lifts his index finger like a teacher,

» The ancient legends don't lie, young adventuress, the Lightwhopper is as real as you and me. «

» 'course, « Luna snorts, raising her eyebrows,

» Lightwhopper, though? «

» Don't make fun of the messenger, lass. « The two look at each other, trying to remain serious. They are successful for a few seconds before breaking into a laughing fit. The sound momentarily claims Caspian's attention, he frowns ever so slightly as the sailor puts a hand on Luna's shoulder to keep himself upright from laughing so much. Something inside the king starts to stir, a feeling that has awoken some time ago and since returns every now and then.