.18 It's Sort Of Like A Play

We went in and saw Jaime connected to all these tubes and things and there was a bunch of people surrounding him. Once the people turned around and saw Kaleb they rushed him to the front of the circle.

I asked someone near me what happened to him and all I got in response was a sob. When I finally got close enough to see I realized he tried to OD. I felt a single tear escape my eyes.

Soon people checked their watches and realized they had to go until it was just Kaleb, me, and Jaime's parents.

His mother hasn't stopped crying. A doctor hurried over to a person near us. Jaime's mother turned around and said, "My son is in a coma and the doctors care about someone who just broke their foot. And we don't have Obamacare!!"

The doctor heard and came over to us. We were told he has a 50% chance of surviving. It sorta seemed like a play. The doctor told us bad news. The mother lets out a sob. The father comforts. The best friend hugs them both tight. The strange girl sits there and watches hoping for the boy to wake up. Now we just have to see if this play is going to allow him to die or live.

I was in Jaime's shoes at one point. But were people huddled around me trying to see what happened. Did my mother and father cry. Did my best friend comfort them. Did someone hold my hand hoping for me to wake up. Then the play was the saddest when I awoke.

Hours passed then days then weeks until the doctors told us that if he hasn't already woken up then he probably won't. That it wasn't right for us to allow him to suffer. His mother cried and his father screamed. Kaleb sobbed and I cried.

The doctor said that he'll leave us alone to say good-bye. Jaime's mother and father said good-bye and left. Then Kaleb who left to wait in the car. Finally it was me. I sat down and held his hand. "I'm sorry. I wish you would've called me or Kaleb. I'm sorry. I love you. Please come back. Please. I need you. Please." Suddenly I heard the monitor start blaring that his heart was stoping.

Once I heard the shuffle of footsteps hurrying towards me I kissed Jaime on the lips. I didn't know why. Then all of sudden it happened. At that very moment I didn't know weather this play had a happy or sad ending for Jaime.

#Sortofacliffhanger

Comment what you think about Jaime and if you think he lived it died.

So Comment, Vote, And Follow Me🍁🌹