.17 Lies

"Hey Crystal. Can I talk to you" Kaleb asked as he opened the door and just poked his head in

"Um sure." I said patting the spot next to me on my bed.

He walked inside and sat crisscross applesauce (I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO CALL IT STOP JUDGING ME) "What happened to us. It seems like one day we just woke up sad"

"I don't know" I replied.

"Can I show you something. Come with me please" he said grabbing my wrist lightly pulling me up and out the door till we got to the roof.

"Why are we on the roof"

"Because watch all the lights go out in a matter of 5 minutes and notice the lights that haven't."

We watched together. I could feel Kaleb inching closer and closer till I just put my head in between the nook of his neck. The lights went out one by one and I noticed that as each light went out the stars seemed to get brighter. A few lights remained on but it was around 2:00AM.

"See. All the ones that have the light on, you can notice them. But when the sun is up you don't. Sorta like that's how you can tell if they're depressed or suicidal." He motioned towards the lights.

"Kaleb. Why am I broken? Why don't I wanna be fixed?" I questioned.

"Because you've gotten so used to being broken that you started lying to yourself. Whenever you feel nothing you feel fine and that's my fault. If I could have took the time to help you not break maybe you wouldn't feel like you do" Kaleb asked. I noticed a single tear slip from his eye but he quickly wiped it away.

"Happiness is a temporary state. With me not feeling I'll be ready for if I have kids." I replied with a slight smile. Kaleb looked at me and laughed.

"Do you want children one day?"

"I do but I don't."

"What about to start a family?"

"I would get married but I haven't found any victims yet." I started cracking up,"It's a joke. You're suppose to laugh."

He looked at me with eyes filled with sorrow. "I'm sorry I let you down"

I shook my head,"There's no way that could ever happen" and I turned my head and pecked him on the cheek.

Kaleb opened his mouth to say something but suddenly his phone went off and he picked it up

"Hello?"

Long Pause.

"Wait wHAT!"

Pause.

"I'll be right there!"

He hung up and then looked down at me. "Jaime's in the hospital..." Immediately I jumped up.

"Get your ass in the car NOW!! We have to go there!" I said.

My mind started to wonder. Why is he in the hospital? Who did it to him? Was he skateboarding? These questions kept circling my head until I realized that I've already reached the hospital.

I'm locked outside and cold so...⛄️❄️⛄️❄️
Vote, comment and all that shit!!✨✌️🍍